I'm Matthias, 36 years old, working as an archivist. I live in one of Germany's most beautiful regions, at the Bodensee (Lake Constance), quite near the border to Switzerland. The German cities I previously lived are Tuebingen, Marburg, Leipzig, Dresden and Oelsnitz im Vogtland.
In my free time I like to read (especially suspense, anything from Agatha Christie to Stephen King). I also love genealogy (it's really exciting to trace your roots!) and visiting interesting cities.
Every nice postcard in my mailbox is welcome and makes me smile! Without an envelope it's better - I like the little signs of a card's long journey.
It would be great if you could make the boring white back of the card a bit interesting. Write something about you, for example about your day, your job, your hobby, your city or country. You can also give some words in your own language (Chers Postcrossers de France: Écrivez complètement en français, s'il vous plaît!). And I appreciate beautiful stamps.
Thanks in advance for your card!!
You need some inspirations for super-duper motifs? Here they are:
- Formula One (I know such cards are hard to get, but great if you have one!)
- views of your city or town (particularly I love paintings or drawings, also the historic ones)
- something typical/special from your country
- beautiful landscapes, preferably of your country (especially if you live in a country with few postcrossers)
- your national food or drink
- vine, vineyard
- writers of your country
- every kind of art
- reprints of old advertisement
- multiple pictures of similar objects, such as those:
- I wonder if there are cards with the TV series Columbo, Monk, How I Met Your Mother?
Best wishes to all of you &
Happy Postcrossing! :)