Hello my name is RILDA.
Do you know the country of origin of my name RILDA? I would like to hear about if you do. It is quite a mystery. I'm 63 and I've only ever met one RILDA who spells her name exactly like mine. Are there any Rilda's where you live?
I live in Port Pirie, South Australia and have a son & 2 grand daughters in Melbourne and a son in Adelaide. I divorced in 2011 but remained friends with my former husband until he died in 2016. Like many people, I am going through a period of change and I feel a bit lost at times.
Lately, I am spending more time on Facebook and enjoy making comments on interesting posts. Sometimes I add a photo from my local area. I like to be with "real" people too.!!!
I love books. I work with them for a half day a week and sort, price and shelve them in a charity book shop. Yes ... I can buy books and I have access to new releases and very old books. I used to want to own a bookshop but this is even better.... I have all of the fun without all the costs and worry of being in business!! My private book collection includes different denomination church hymn books. I like them with printed music, but I cannot play a note on any instrument!
I have a lot of postcards as I used to sell them on EBay and traded as 53possums. I didn't sell postcards sent to me by Postcrossing people, unless I asked them for extra unused ones.
YES ... I will enjoy ANY postcard you choose to send to me. like them written on and with stamps. If you know any good MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES I would enjoy that too.
My favourite topics are
- the town where you live - landscapes, seascapes, light houses, coastal views
- frogs, lady birds, insects, butterflies, - WILD birds, animals, reptiles etc
- WWF postcards - TAXIDERMIED birds and animals as seen in Museums
- cars, motorbikes, boats, aeroplanes, trains, trams, buses
- AUSTRALIAN WAR MEMORIALS in France, Belgium & other countries
- Orkney Islands - where my FOULIS ancestors came from
- Wolpertinger from Bavaria - unused ... for my son, Gareth
***** Private swaps - I do NOT wish to have any private swaps at the moment. Thank you.
***** Multiview postcards with lots of images are NOT my favourites.
I look forward to hearing from you very soon.
Best wishes from South Australia.