Hi, I'm Yulia and I live in Moscow, Russia. I am currently on maternity leave taking care of our baby boy who was born just in December. And it is truly the best (although a hard) work - being a mom.
I like the idea of sharing a little piece of yourself and your country with postcards, and postcrossing is the best way to do it. For me postcards are little pieces of bright cardboard that have their own soul and that bring some light into our sometimes dull life. So please share anything you think is right at the moment you write your card for me - I love all your stories/ideas/thoughts. You can also describe the card (why it is special, what place is shown etc.) or stamps you are sending to me. Please write the date on the card, as sometimes postal marks are hard to read.
I usually spend quite a time reading fellow postcrossers' profiles, checking their received cards and favourites to find out their preferences and dislikes, try to choose THE card and pick matching or just beautiful stamps, as I know how wonderful it is to receive such a card :) It is also my kind of relaxation, especially during dull days.
Postcards that will make me VERY happy:
- Simon's Cat, Grumpy Cat, The Cutest Sneeze in the World & other cat illustrations
- Invading the vintage (by Franco Brambilla)
- Sherlock BBC
- Dr. Who
- Darth Vader & Son
- The Simpsons
- London Royal Guards, Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Vatican Swiss Guards & others
- Subway maps
- Autosport (Formula-1, Indycar, Rally...) and cars
- Guitars or other music instruments
- Rock stars (Queen, Bryan Adams, Deep Purple, Doors, AC/DC...) or other celebrities
- Geek cards
- Get Around in English
- Wine bottles, cellars, glasses, vineyards, corks
- Cheese, bread, your local food specialties
- Italy related (food, culture, views)
- Seals, sea lions, otters
- Felines (tigers, lions, lynx etc.)
- Nouvelles Images multiples
- Rooftop city views
- Watercolor images (especially city views)
You can also send a bright colourful postcard for our boy, especially cartoons or something like this :) I show every card to him and he already has favourites.
Or just send any other card that YOU like and feel like sending - I love every card I get!
I also love beautiful stamps.
I would really appreciate if you could check my received cards here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/113314559@N08/collections/72157640127039436/ and my favourites on postcrossing album and here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/113314559@N08/favorites to get the idea of the cards I really like and already have.
Please send viewcards from the country of origin.
Please avoid sending ad cards or handmade cards to me, if possible. Thank you!
Expired cards :(
RU-2154351 to Taiwan (lin112332)
RU-2445685 to Taiwan (coco199827)
RU-2814812 to Germany (Sally1992)
RU-2814843 to the Netherlands (lenietje)
RU-2814845 to Australia (SHARI001)
Thank you for reading and happy postcrossing!