Hello there! I'm Sophie, a 20 year old student from Perth in Western Australia 🇦🇺! I am studying Zoology and Science Communications at University right now (in 3rd year), and I have been pen-palling for most of my life ✏️ 💌
My favourite things in life are my dog Oscar 🐶 (and all dogs in the world), otters, rainy days 🌧, Studio Ghibli, and the Animal Crossing games! I like all genres of music, films and TV shows; and I am always happy to hear recommendations. I love long messages on postcards - please write something interesting for me!
I will be delighted to receive any postcard from you, but I would be extra excited to get...
- A flora or fauna postcard, especially of something native to your local area/country
- Your university or school
- Science/women in STEM
- A really interesting postcard from your city
Not sure what to write? Here are some ideas!
- This month's Postcrossing writing prompt
- A day in the life of YOU
- Something you know about Australia/Perth
- Your favourite fun fact about your city
I have visited some amazing places in my lifetime...
- Japan: Tokyo, Yokohama, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima, and Tokushima
- New Zealand: Otago/Dunedin (I spent 6 months here in 2018 on student exchange!), Wellington
- Most of Western Australia
- Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane, Cairns
- Hong Kong
- USA: Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Atlanta, NYC, Washington DC, San Francisco, LA, Las Vegas
- Jamaica, Mexico, Grand Cayman, Haiti
I can't wait to hear from you soon!