I'm Dede, a 69-year-old, enjoying my retirement years. I find there aren't enough hours in a day to do all I'd like to do!
I have two adult children. My daughter lives in Queenstown, NZ and my son lives here in Colorado. Unfortunately, I have no grandchildren and my pets have now passed on. I live with my partner, Robert, who I have been with 23 years.
Current goal: To visit all 50 US State Capitols before I turn 70. So far I have visited 36 State Capitols although I have visited 48 of the 50 states.
Desire: To have unlimited time and money to take a road trip all around the USA
NOTE: Please write the date on your card. Sometimes the postal machine cancels are impossible to read and I like to know how long it takes a card to travel to me. I love to see a nice clear cancellation on the card as well as beautiful, colorful postage stamps.
* ABSOLUTE FAVORITE TO RECEIVE - beautiful, creative, handmade cards - they can be painted, done with markers, sketches, amazing collage, altered art...just let your creativity flow! It might be best to send these in an envelope to protect your work. Decorated envelopes are also quite welcome.
* Art cards are preferred to tourist views or town views. - I'm not a fan of Disney!
* I prefer a single card - image on one side, message and stamps on the back side. Cards that are folded are considered note cards or greeting cards here in the US. I don't collect those.
* Cards from my favorites are always welcome or cards similar to ones I've selected.
* the 4 x 6 or 10 cm x 15 cm is preferred as these cards fit into my storage boxes. The large cards are almost impossible for me to store.
* I love the multiples cards produced by Nouvelles Images
* I'd love to receive any of the newer Inge Look granny cards.
This year I am choosing several themes for each month so perhaps you can send a card from one of these themes for the months of Arpil thru December
* Months of the year cards - most of these are produced by Scandinavian artists
* colorful umbrellas
* Amazing reflection such as these: https://www.pinterest.com/pstcrdldy/amazing-reflections/
* altered art card - take a postcard and recreate it into something totally different from the original
* bright colorful design
* interesting geometric designs and patterns
* very unusual architecture
or something from my favorites!
* Please write something other than "Happy Postcrossing". I'd like to know something about you or maybe one of your goals in life.
Thank you for taking time to read to this point!
I look forward to finding your card in my mailbox!