My name is Małgorzata and I live in a small village in southern Poland, in Upper Silesia.
I started collecting postcards as a child, because I had very few possibilities to travel due to health problems. Postcards gave me the opportunity to discover beautiful places all over the world without leaving home. Now I'm 28 and I have over 2500 of them in my collection.
I also have a dog, a cat and insomnia, though I prefer to think it's not insomnia, it's just that 2 a.m. is my time to bed.
I work as a teacher with children and teenagers with intellectual disability, autism and cerebral palsy.
In my free time I enjoy reading books, walking and learning foreign languages (I'm learning Spanish now). I also have some "weird" interests, such as watching anime (Japanese animated cartoons) and raising butterflies in the summer. I look for caterpillars, care for them and then let them fly.
Don't be afraid of writing to me in German or Spanish! I understand written German and Spanish. It's a great possibility to practise them! :)
If you don't know what to write, tell me about your favourite book/movie/song.
I prefer REAL (not hand-made) postcards with SINGLE PHOTOS.
I am totally IN LOVE with the postcards that show:
- children or adult people in traditional/folkloric clothes
- people during work, crafts, festivals
- typical food of your country/area (but no fast food please)
- butterflies, birds of your country
- other wild animals of your country
- metro maps
- houses typical for your country
- landscapes (especially mountains, lonely houses, lakes, rivers, volcanoes, waterfalls, winter landscapes, caves, national parks, woods, etc.)
- city views (skylines, night views, etc.)
- sights of your country/area (not only as famous as the Eiffel Tower)
- places important for the history of your country/area (e.g. battlefields, memorials, forts)
- castles and palaces
- places of worship, e.g. churches, mosques, temples
- skyscrapers, towers, highest buildings
- UNESCO sites
- abandoned buildings
- ski jumping hills
- other interesting buildings (bridges, windmills, fountains, lighthouses, etc.
- maps (especially US states!)
- everything related to XIX century
- this Chinese series http://albireo.vipower.pl/differentworld/details.php?pcid=2086 (except for Beijing)
- aurora borealis
- traditions, legends of your country
- something from my favourites.
In the winter, I will LOVE winter landscapes with snow!!!
I would also love to receive postcards from:
- Neuschwanstein - a photo taken in the autumn;
- Prince Edward Island!
A BIG REQUEST
If you have any possibility, please do not send me greeting cards, postcards with pets, flowers, babies, cartoon characters, paintings, ads or anything like that. They may be nice or cute, but I'd rather learn something new about the world. PLEASE! :) Of course if you can.
I'll also try to do my best and send everyone postcards they like the most