Hi everyone! I’m Adam, originally from Clevedon, near Bristol, in the UK, but relocated to Germany in June 2017.
I’m a freelance translator, keen cinema goer, retro gamer (not that I get the chance to, these days!) and avid traveller. I love Europe and had already spent a lot of time in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France and Italy before making my move.
I would be delighted to receive your cards, particularly if they are tourism cards from your area or feature any of the following…
- rugby union, particularly international teams
- retro games, especially Sega and Nintendo
- WWF wrestlers from the 1990s and early 2000s (Bret Hart was my favourite growing up, just sayin’!)
- formula 1 (Ferrari and Red Bull Racing – ✔, but anything with Lewis Hamilton – ✖)
- space and the solar system, particularly planets
- movie posters (modern and classic)
- your country’s national flag – ✔, unless it’s the Union Jack or St George’s cross – ✖
- DC superheroes, especially characters from the DCEU movies or the CW “Arrowverse” TV shows
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer or any of Joss Whedon’s TV shows
- 1980s and 1990s children’s TV, such as Masters of the Universe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers etc (take me back to my childhood!) Though, check out card number US-4811448… I’ve got four of these now, just sayin’!
- thought-provoking or philosophical sayings in any of the languages I understand
- if you are American, a card featuring the name of your state would be pretty cool (I’m aiming for all 50, and I already have Alabama, Arizona, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin)
- anything erotic, naughty or sexy that might appeal to a heterosexual man – ✔, but BDSM or male homoerotica – ✖
- your own original designs, if you do that
- mountain or seaside views
- other food/drink
- anything Harry Potter related
I’d love to know more about you, the sender, so please feel free to personalise the greeting you write and tell me about who YOU are and what YOU are in to. Ooh, and it’d be great if you could include the date as well. Please write in INK, not pencil, and make sure the postcrossing ID number can’t be obscured by your stamp or the postmark.
Postcards – ✔
Folded greetings cards – ✖
DE-6322880, sent 27th June 2017, to susanwoo in China
DE-6427085, sent 8th August 2017, to ValeriaABC in Russia (profile now says she lives in China)
DE-6959168, sent 14th February 2018, to Berco21 in Turkey
DE-7189991, sent 9th May 2018, to Visata in Lithuania
DE-7199492, sent 12th May 2018, to sylvialiyang in China
LI-1691, sent 24th June 2018, to Lovestotravel in America
LI-1699, sent 24th June 2018, to jwhite in America
DE-7359655, sent 13th July 2018, to mystik21 in Russia