marvel23(or Mery) is a member in Czech Republic . She has been a member for over 4 years (1,766 days).
My name is Mery and I live in Mikulov, beautiful town with rich history and winemaking tradition in South Moravia, Czech Republic.
I'm very friendly and sociable person, who is interested in art in it's all forms - from music and movies to architecture and literature. I'm also active artist - at least I'm trying. :D
I currently study English literature and History of queer cinema at university in Brno. Although personally I'm heterosexual (unfortunately, sometimes I think :D), I'm trying to be as supportive to LGBT as I can. And I'm also a huge fan of tattoos, piercings and other body modifications (including the harder, little bit creepy ones).
And what my preferences in postcards are? Well...
- I would appreciate to receive postcard showing anything typical for your town/city/country. It may be a building, natural scenery, some tradition, cartoon character from fairytale, painting by famous artist from your country, whatever. The fact it's from some other corner of the world is important for me! :)
- I like single-views = simple postcards with only ONE picture/photo on it, if it's possible. :) These ones, which are divided in few frames are usualy really ugly and naff, even if there are some exceptions. :D
- If you are artistic or just like drawing/painting/whatever, feel free to create a small masterpiece for me. ;) I would LOVE to collect some handmade postcards and it also makes the whole thing more personal!
- Please DON'T send me any advertising postcards, postcards with flowers and animals (except it's a flower or animal typical for your country) and christmas/easter postcards. They are my least favorite. Thanks. :)
- I have no particular aversion to postcards in an envelope if you are so generous and will add some interesting things from your country. :) Just something little, for example photos, stamps, pieces of local newspaper, ticets (from concert, bus, whatever), bookmarks, small coins...that'll be perfect! Otherwise, I prefer them WITHOUT ENVELOPE, because I love that you can see "the journey" of the postcard - thanks to stamps and postmarks. :)
I'm looking forward to many exchanges! Happy postcrossing! :)
CZ-233168 to Deity, sent on 17/Nov/2012