I´m a grandmother from the westcoast of Finland, 61 y.o. but still so young :D , married. Work as a nurse in a physiology lab. There are 2 special UNESCO WHS in my home town, namely Old Rauma and Sammallahdenmäki.
I´m a dreamer and romantic person, a little bit of artistic and interested in different cultures of faraway countries. Besides, I have a good sense of humor,too.. And really LOVE postcards :D, I always have. I love collecting them but especially sending.
My hobbies are in addition to postcards mainly reading, but don`t like love stories at all!! I'm hooked on Sudokus and also a big fan of Harry Potter or Paulo Coelho f.i.. and have a big passion for Opera and Theater too.
Also was a humble servant of my 18y.o. stubborn but definitely cute and charming Cat Lady who died of cancer in June,2013.
I`m an outdoor person,love walking in forest,hiking in the mountains or just sitting by the sea doing nothing, just listening to winds whistling or looking at the sunsets glittering on the waves, but also have a fancy for homing although I don´t bake or do crafts at all but love playing with my 6 grandchildren :D Love nature, especially fall season, winter, snow and snowfall. During my 7 postcrosser years I really have enriched my life via Postcrossing!!! My most biggest dream is walking along a pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostela someday... On top of everything else I have had a Sponsored child in Kenya for years, a girl 17y.o. Now I have took 2 Sponsored girls more (9 y.o and 7 y.o)in May 2014 and March 2016. They lives also in Kenya. I can not help all children of the world, but I can improve even a few children's lives and giving them the opportunity of education. This is my way to volunteer.
Some ideas for cards, but NOT TOURIST CARDS! ( not in order of importance )
* National costumes, Indigenous people
* Cats in art
* Icons and Iconostasis,
* Madonna of Catholics
* Cathedrals, Churches, Temples, Monasteries
* painted Children / Old Ladies
* Palaces, Castles
* Health care / Hospitals
* Mountains, Waterfalls, Rain forests, Jungles, Deserts
* GLACIERS!! ANTARCTICA!!! THE ALPS!!!
* Pilgrimage routes
* UNESCO WHS
* Maps of Islands
* Wild Animals / rare Wild Flowers, TYPICAL of your country
* something UNIQUE from your country
* The Fifties / Vintage Cards
* OLD-FASHIONED angel, Easter or Christmas cards,also
* simply - a joy and beauty of life !!!
Bitte, Du kannst zu mir auch auf Deutsch zuschreiben!
* I would prefer cards which are dated, stamped and full-written. Maybe you could write something about a card, your daily life or your dreams. Of course, I'm happy for each card but I do not like AD/Free cards, or home-made cards, unless they are very artistic.
Also my mailbox would like to thank you and smiles broadly!