Hello from Wellington, New Zealand's capital. It's a small city but a great place to live, especially if you're not too fussy about the weather. I joined postcrossing in 2011 and still enjoy it.I've been collecting map postcards for about 20 years but like other cards too.
I have been busy recently so I am not taking private swaps right now. You can also find me on the forum.
** Any card you like enough to send will be very gratefully received!! ** I will be excited to receive any card. These comments are just for people who have the luxury of choosing from many postcards in their country and would like ideas.
If you're looking for ideas, have a look at my favourites from your country. I try to have favourites from many countries. Other things I am interested in are:
- Maps. I collect postcards with maps, including street maps and globes as well as country and state maps.
- pictures of people doing ordinary things (eg cooking, farming, fishing)
- people baking bread or doing crafts in traditional ways
- volcanoes, desert, flat places, cold places
- aurora borealis
- anti racism, anti homophobia, LGBTI, gay pride cards
- interesting advertising postcards, especially about social issues like health
- traditional textiles (sewing, knitting, rugs)
- traditional markets
- vintage reproductions, poster reproductions, especially tourism or railway ads
- Christmas, New Year and other festival postcards
- alphabets or language characters
- scenery and cultural places from your country
- cards with snowglobes on them (like this: http://s3.amazonaws.com/static2.postcrossing.com/postcard/medium/d59702df88fa012ca053c188a0502348.jpg)
- **anything** that helps a foreigner learn about where you live. Your choice!
I prefer not to receive postcards with photos of cats, dogs, (unless they are working dogs) or people in swimsuits. Please send me a real postcard not an e-postcard. Your card will reach New Zealand faster if you put an airmail sticker on it!
Please do put the date on your card and if you can, write a little something about you or the place you live in or what's on the card. I like to read a description of your house or apartment or what you can see from your window. I also really like hearing about your culture or political issues.
My received cards and some others from my map collection are here: (I haven't uploaded them all yet but I'm working on it): https://picasaweb.google.com/lyndlenz
Si vous voulez écrire en français, je l'aimerais. Je n'écrit pas bien le français mais je comprends plus.
If you'd like to write something in your language with a translation, that would be great.
**If you are gay and live in Russia, Nigeria, Kenya or Haiti, I want you to know that people in this far corner of the world are thinking of you.**