livingstonia(or Louise) is a member in United Kingdom . She has been a member for over 2 years (735 days).
My name is Louise.
I’m an Irish citizen, born in Zambia, brought up in Zimbabwe and Malawi, now living in Kingston-upon-Thames, London with my husband. I have family all over the world including South Africa, New Zealand, Australia and Singapore. But there are still so many places I haven’t visited.
- gardening and plants, commercial cultivation and farming
- good food, cooking, regional recipes, wine, beer
- sewing, drawing, painting, decorating, diy home improvements
- visiting art galleries, museums, historic houses, etc
- history, including family history
- beginner at French and Spanish
Types of postcards I like:
- plants, gardens, orchards, farms, crops, farm machinery
- waterfalls, lakes, rivers, sea, canoes, boats, fish
- cities, architecture, science and engineering projects
- local attractions, especially anything a little off the beaten track
- art, paintings, sculpture
- famous people who’ve changed the world
- surprise me!
- Christmas, other holidays, Christian and non-Christian
- Birthday cards on 13th October
Please, please write something on your postcards. This is more important to me than the picture. Here are some suggested topics:
- Describe where you live, work, study, the weather and seasons, your daily routine.
- What's the view like outside your window?
- Have you celebrated anything recently, been to a show, visited a museum?
- What are your plans for next weekend, next holiday, next year?
- Recipes, what’s your favourite food?
- What’s growing and looking good in your garden, street or park?
- A national or regional flower, a rare plant, crops grown in your area.
- Your personal and family history - if you have migrated or lived through a historical event how has it affected you and your family?
- Poems, songs, words of wisdom, jokes.
- Are you feeling happy, sad or angry about something that means a lot to you?
- What's the best, worst or funniest thing that happened to you this week?
I like interesting stamps. And stickers, tickets, doodles, sweets, whatever takes your fancy.
Please put the date posted and the weather temperature on your card.
Direct swaps - please only contact me for a direct swap if you already have a good track record on your Postcrossing profile and are prepared to send first.
I look forward to receiving your postcard …
7/12/2015 CitizenOfTheWorld - outstanding