leaflet(or Elaine) is a member in United States of America . She has been a member for over 4 years (1,530 days).
I'm a postal worker drawn to British art, nature, poetry, creativity, Peanuts comic strips (Snoopy is my favorite), drinking tea, Finnish culture (I'm half Finnish), children's book illustration, books and reading, anything British, the Japanese aesthetic and culture, Russian culture, coloring books, classical music, simple cooking, canoeing, camping, hiking, living a peaceful life, and learning about other countries. I also like collecting bookmarks. :)
Please, No ad cards.
Some things I like:
* Single Views.
* cultural, historical, native costume, or unique points of interest of the area in which you live.
* Scenic, Touristy postcards
* UNESCO world heritage sites
* World leaders, monarchy
* cats as depicted in art
* Jetoy cats
* Postallove 'Greetings From' and 'Cat Breeds' would be special.
* science related/planets/stars/biology
* literary themes/books/bookshelves/readers/libraries
* Lily-of-the-Valley, my favorite flower
* Inge Löök
* Tove Jansson's Moomintroll characters
* Edward Gorey
* post boxes/mail boxes/postmen/anything postal
* Gotochi postboxes would be wonderful!
* anything Tolkien
* Peanuts character
* fairy tales from your country
* seasonal holiday cards from your country
If you don't have anything on the list, don't worry. I like a surprise. I'm interested in the person on the other side of the card and in the place where you live. Tell me 3 things that make you happy.
I enjoy interesting, colorful, postmarked stamps. Decorating with stickers and washi tape is most welcome. I prefer no envelope but if you think it's necessary, then go ahead and use one. I love receiving teabags, a bookmark, or some ephemera tucked inside. I've sampled some wonderful tea sent by generous postcrossers.
P.S. If you're artistically inclined, draw something Tolkien-related (especially a hobbit), or a character from the Peanuts comic strip on the postcard. I would be delighted.