Hi! My name is Lana, I'm 19 years old and I live in Belgium, Ghent. I study French and German Literature and Linguistics, and am very passionate about museums, art, photography, philosophy, history, politics and literature.
Cards I like:
- Vintage postcards (fashion, movies, cars, anything)
- The 19th century
- Photography: Walker Evans, Eugène Atget, Man Ray, William Klein, Nan Goldin, August Sander, Julia M. Cameron, ...
- Book covers (literature)
- Old fashion magazine covers (!!!)
- Art: anything, from the Antiques to contemporary art (I'm a big fan of Picasso, expressionism/futurism/etc. and the 'Wiener Moderne')
- Wild animals and nature (landscapes, mountains, rivers...)
- Old, deserted buildings
- Anything from Vogue
- Tea or coffee
- Fire, smoke
- Portraits (of anyone)
- Pictures of the sky
- Fashion cards (especially with fashion from the19th century-1970's)
- The 1900's to 1970's (Clara Bow, movies, other actresses, ... Woodstock, Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie, Andy Warhol, the Factory, Edie Sedgwick, Twiggy)
- Female icons: Coco Chanel, Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth Taylor, ...
- Anything from Germany, Austria or France: culture, history, literature, art, ...
- Famous writers or filmmakers
- Famous political or historical figures
The only things that I really don't like are kitschy cards, and tourist or advertisement cards, unless they're vintage. Also, I don't like christmas/new year/easter/holiday/birthday themed cards.
Feel free to attach your favourite poem, book excerpt, painting, photograph, news articel, etc. to the card!! Also bus/train/metro/plane tickets, coins, bills, ... Anything from daily life is very welcome!
If you don't know what to write: I love to read about what you love, what inspires you, what makes you happy or about your view on certain things (such as life in general, politics, philosophical questions, anything); or you can write some (history) FUN FACTS!
! If you are French or German, please write in your mother tongue !
(If you are interested in my photography: add me on Instagram, @lanavca)