My name is Julia. I work in financial advising sphere, in my spare time I enjoy reading, travelling and watching period/crime dramas on TV - quite an ordinary person I am, I suppose. :)
I like baking and cross-stitching, but I do not have enough patience to be really good at it. I like science-fiction and fantasy (LoTR/HPotter/DWho/STrek/SGate/etc). I am interested in mythology (esp. Greek/Roman and Celtic), fairytales, a bit of occultism (Tarot mainly). I love musicals, theatre and cinema. My favourite TV-shows now are Once Upon A Time, Sherlock, Ripper Street and Mr.Selfridge; favourite actors – B.Cumberbatch, T.Hiddleston, D.Tennant and R.Carlyle.
I have always loved letters and pretty postcards. It's amazing to get a postcard from the other side of the world, from someone I have never met, and imagine what the person behind the handwriting might be like.
I prefer postcards that look like they have been through the postal system, so please avoid sending them in envelopes, if possible. I love beautiful, unusual stamps. It would be nice of you to handwrite your card and put the date on it.
It would be great to hear a little something about you and your country and I would be happy to get a short phrase in your mother tongue (with English translation).
I would be delighted to receive cards showing:
• old books and libraries;
• lovely teacups;
• Scotland and Scottish culture (I have a crush on it!) :)
• Beauty and the Beast;
• fairytale characters and mythology creatures (esp. dragons/unicorns/fairies);
• steam trains and old railway stations (and modern), sailing ships;
• bridges, castles, lighthouses, old cemeteries;
• lakes, rivers, mountains, sea views, autumn, winter, sunset;
• maps, coats of arms;
• vintage or old-looking cards;
• horses, cats, wolves, flowers;
• wine/whiskey, coffee/tea/chocolate, cakes/pies and recipes for them;
• anything London-related, Keep Calm and …;
• Dracula, vampires, witches, Halloween cards;
• Medieval art, knights, etc.;
• landmarks/wildlife of your city/country (or your state, if you are from the USA);
• cards looking like this: http://oi50.tinypic.com/25a4rx0.jpg
• Sherlock, Once Upon A Time, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who (9th and 10th), Harry Potter;
• Pre-Raphaelites, Mucha;
• Christmas/NewYear when it's time.
If you are from a RARE country, please, send a LOCAL view card. :)
All above are mere suggestions, so any lovely postcard will be appreciated, but PLEASE, DO NOT send folded cards, selfprint/handmade/ad, offensive/violent cards. If you still need more ideas of what I like, you can also look through my favourites (they are the cards I actually want to get) :)
PLEASE DO NOT use Touchnote and other mobile applications or disclose my address by any other means to third parties. Thank you for understanding.
Thank you in advance
happy postcrossing! xxx
P.S. Regarding direct swaps: I am most interested in exchanging cards/letters with members in Australia/UK/Canada/USA. Thank you. :)