kuku1(or Gosia) is a member in United Kingdom . She has been a member for over 9 years (3,339 days).
***Saying "thank you" while registering a card is just a matter of good manners***
I am Polish female living in the UK.
When I was a child I used to collect all kinds of cards, I asked family members, friends, neighbours for giving me their cards and sending postcards from their holidays. I abandoned this hobby more than a decade ago (nearly two!) and then I have discovered postcrossing! It is amazing that nowadays when emails and texts became the most popular way of communication, there are still people who like sending and receiving real mails and postcards!
I love postcards, ice cream, scrabble, books, chocolate, cats, perfumes, scented candles, baking cakes and making bread. I like old houses, buildings, fireplaces, and anything that has its own story to tell.
Postcards I like the most are these with a view of the town, village, region, country etc you live in. Street views and scenes, grand old buildings, timbered houses, cottages, cathedrals, churches - just anything that represents your area and you would like to show me. Art versions of your city or country (paintings) are welcome as well.
If you live in a country with a low number of postcrossers, an ordinary tourist card/view card will be perfect.
Please, don't send me touristic cards of countries you do not live it. And, if possible, try not to cover any postcard desription with stamps, stickers, etc.
Could you please take a look at my cards received from your country? Just to avoid duplicates.
I also like (in random order):
- black & white postcards
- cats - not too cute & kitschy though
- colorful fields of flowers or a bunch of flowers(e.g. tulips, poppies, sunflowers, roses), meadows, country gardens. NO single flowers, NO single state/country flowers please.
- sweets (chocolate, cake, cookies, pralines) or tea, coffee/cafe alcohol (beer, wine, etc)
- old small cars like WV Beetle, mini cooper, Fiat 500; bicycles (even small ones somewhere in the corner of an old tourist postcard)
- seasons, especially autumn or winter
- cards from my favourites - I'd love to receive any of them (to avoid duplicates, I do not add received cards to my favourites so please don't think that I don't like your card!)
- Christmas or winter themed cards in December
- birthday cards in February
- or any other card you think I'd like
If you take nice photos, can capture everyday life of your street, town, people - these postcards are also welcome!
Please do not send me cards with fish, spiders, snakes, frogs and any other amphibian or repetile. These really scare me!
I prefer cards written and stamped but if you prefer to use an envelope - that's fine. But if you decide to use envepope, please send me a bag of tea from your country. Thank you!
Please, please, do not send me a blank card with ID only - I am not interested in such cards and I hate it when I get an empty one with ID and my address only...
Thank you for your time and reading my profile:)