Hello, little stranger! :)
My name is Kristine and I am from Latvia. I joined Postcrossing because I have always loved to recieve snail mail. Ever since I was little I had pen pals from Latvia and we exchanged letters and other little things. It was so fun!
I will go ahead and tell you a little bit about myself so that you get to know the person you'll be sending a card to or just received a card from.
Apart from loving Postcrossing, I also enjoy activities like cooking and baking, traveling, singing (by that I mean youtube karaoke on full blast and singing my heart out whilst hoping the neighbors won't hear :D), cycling, spending time with my family and friends, shopping in second-hand stores (I would live in one if I could!! Yes, it's that bad, I'm obsessed.. :D), listening to music, attending concerts (though I don't do that often), watching TV shows and reading once in a while.
I feel like postcard suggestions also tell a lot about the person and their interests so I will tell you some of the postcards that I would be incredibly happy to see in my postbox :)
- Night city views
- Night sky (stars and/or moon, milky way, northern lights, etc.)
- Unusual and artistic cards (perhaps have a look at some of my first favorites to get an idea)
- Funny cards with funny quotes or pictures (swear words won't offend me)
I would greatly appreciate if you could send me a SINGLE view card :)
I love receiving cards that have a lot written on them not just my address and "Happy Postcrossing" because it makes it that much more special. You can tell me about
- The last thing that made you smile
- One thing that you would change in the world if you could and why
- Something that you want to achieve
- Your favorite song
- A random fact about yourself or a funny story from your life
- The things that come to your mind when you hear "Latvia"
I invite you to be as creative as you want to be - decorating the postcard with stickers, writing with colorful pens, drawing something, using decorative tapes, etc. It is time to let your inner artist out :) Also, don't be shy to send me a nice homemade card if you like to make something creative yourself!
I like to write my postcards with a hot cup of tea and some nice music in the background. So, go make yourself a nice cup of tea and enjoy this experience!
I am looking forward to see your postcard in my mailbox!
Have fun! :) :*