I live with my Terrible Trio of Fearsome Felines in a small town in near Lake Erie. I'm a history addict and love shows like "Time Team." If I could, I would study history 24/7.
I'm also a "Star Trek" fan. I've been fascinated by the stars since I was little and love the pictures from the Hubble Telescope.
When you send me a postcard, I'd love to know the answer to this question: What are you thankful for?
I'm thankful for my job. I help people who have mental illnesses, like Depression, Schizophrenia, or Anxiety.
What kinds of postcards do I like? I really enjoy most cards:
- animals (especially endangered or rare animals, ones that live underwater or cats)
- native embroidery (needlework)
- made of unusual materials or with special effects
- showing postage stamps or maps. I never take stamps off cards
- about helping people with mental illness or drug addiction (not making fun of them).
Please don't send me erotic or racist postcards, or postcards making fun of people with mental illness or drug addiction.
PS for Everyone- On the Postcrossing Forums, my name is HausMaus.
PS for Japanese Postcrossers - I'm looking for cards of Mount Miyogi in Gumma-ken. I tore the ligaments in my left ankle while hiking there in 1995 and wasn't able to buy postcards.
PS for Italian Postcrossers - My mostly white cat, Raven, was named after Ravenna, Ohio, which was named after Ravenna, Italy, and I'd love a card from there.
PS for Norwegian Postcrossers - Hardanger Embroidery, which I'm learning, is from Hardanger, Norway, so I'd love a card from that area.