Hi to all,
I collect postcards for many years. My other interests are reading, ancient and medieval history and culture, classical music, opera, and aquarium fishes. I play recorder (as amateur). I love elegant classic things and i am fascinated, how beautiful our earth can be.
Here is a list to make your choice easier:
- works of classical and eastern art: paintings, sculptures, applied art, old weapons, archaeology and other museum cards (please leave modern art for those who love it, i don't :)
- history, culture and traditions of different countries
- food, recipes, vegetables
- city views, churches, castles, streets, parks, landscapes etc. (not necessary from your country), aerial and night views, b/w and retro reprints welcome
- trams, trains, steam locomotives and other railway-related cards
- birds (both photos and art, especially ravens and crows)
- Chinese culture, literature and movies; ethnic groups of China
- 红楼梦(金陵十二钗 or anything connected to this book:)
- my favourites or similar
I love many things, if they are not too modern or strange.
If you are not bored with long lists, here are some more suggestions:
- interiors of churches, museums, theaters and other historical buildings (russian metro!)
- remains of ancient cultures in general
- church and concert organs
- national costumes, crafts, ethnography
- Central Asia, Near East, Caucasus, Islamic countries (views, culture)
- wonders of nature (caves, minerals, aurora borealis, volcanos, planets etc)
- natural history, plants, mushrooms, botanical drawings, botanical gardens
- rats, reptiles, underwater life, dogs... and dragons
- anything related to classical and folk music and opera: theatres, traditional productions, costumes, composers, singers, conductors, instruments etc.
- anything related to the life in the 1st half of the XIX century (gravures, fashion, portraits, interiors etc.)
- calligraphy, fonts
- industrial culture (old mines and factories, Ruhrgebiet etc), hydro plants
- Atelier Nouvelles Images and other multiple cards
- Lord of the Rings
- Halloween in autumn
- sunflowers (my mother collects them)
Feel free to send cards from other countries. I also have nothing against good ad-cards, if they correspond to my wishlist.
I would be VERY grateful, if you could send a not over-sized, blank postcard and use an envelope (if it is convenient for you and doesn't cost you more). But any card will be welcomed.
I hope I am not impolite with my wishes, I think that clarification can only increase our mutual joy from postcrossing. I would be glad if I could fulfill your wishes too :)
Link to my collections and cards for trade is above. If possible, send swap offers via forum (I have the same login there).
Thank you and Happy postcrossing!
P.S. Dear postcrossers from ST.PETERSBURG! Views of Vyborg, Strelna, Kronstadt and other less famous environs of SPb would be appreciated