Hello! I'm Jim from Cincinnati, Ohio, where I live with my wife, daughter, and 2 rescue dogs. In addition to dogs, I love reading, photography, coffee, family history research, and playing board/card games. I LOVE learning, so I am learning several languages as well as better photography skills. Religion and World History are two favorite subjects.
All postcards are welcome! As Postcrosser hepman said "Postcrossing means fun to me, not stress." In case you have many options to choose from here are some of my favorite kinds:
- Your national or regional culture, such as food, clothes, landscapes, events/ceremonies, and architecture
- Chronik-karten (Duplicates are fine!)
- Self-made (drawn, colored, printed) postcards
- Fountain pens and ink (and other pens, too)
- Reading and books
- Meetup cards
- Holiday postcards, especially for Christmas and Easter
- Different styles of photography and unique photographs
- Dogs are the best creatures, in my opinion, so dog postcards are always welcome!
- Puppets and puppet theaters, especially from your region/country
- Have a postcard not on anyone's list of requests? Please send it and tell me about it.
- My Favorites are all cards I received. Duplicates are ok when you write a nice note on the back.
I do not prefer folded note cards, because this is a postcard swap. But if all you can send is one of these I understand that.
PLEASE write more than "Happy Postcrossing" on your postcard! Consider...
- a book suggestion (fiction or non-fiction),
- what could I read to better understand life in your country,
- teaching me some words or a phrase in your language,
- for example. how do you answer the telephone?
- a writing prompt from the Postcrossing blog,
- sending a quote or poem and why you like it,
- answering a common question visitors to your area have,
- something about your daily life, such as your pets, where you like to eat, your favorite place to shop, etc., or
- telling what happened today (ordinary for you may be new for me),
- telling me why you chose to send me this card.
Я сейчас учусь и говорить и читать по-русски, что вам можете писать мне на русском языке. Мне нравится практиковать. Мне трудно читать скорописи, поэтому мое регистрационное сообщение может быть коротким, пока я не пойму вашу открытку.
I look forward to your postcard!
U.S. Postcrossers: Please join the campaign to request the U.S. Postal Service issue a Postcrossing stamp! Send a postcard or letter to the address below. Consider spreading the word by adding this info to your profile, too.
Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee
475 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Room 3300
Washington, DC 20260-3501
43 total: 20 found, 6 still traveling (hopefully), 17 deleted to "postcard heaven"
Last updated May 10, 2021