(Tip: please write the postcard ID on the card 2 times, in case one gets written over by the postmark or damaged, and don't forget the date!)
My name is Jason. I live just outside Austin, Texas, USA with my wife, 1 dog, and 4 cats. We have one daughter who is a PhD candidate at Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, NY. I work full time, but make time for collecting postcards, stamps and covers (envelopes) plus work in our yard and fix things around the house.
I have been fortunate to visit several countries: Canada, Mexico, Greece, Israel, Costa Rica, Iceland, Grand Cayman and India. I hope to make it to many more in the future.
If you need a suggestion about what to write:
- something about one of your hobbies
- funny childhood stories
- why you love to live where you do (if you do)
- what makes you get up and go to work each day (besides just the money)
I'll like any card with a nice message, but I especially like:
- a card made from an interesting food box (just cut out one side of a box and write on the inside like a postcard!)
- old books (on a table, on a shelf, in art, being read...)
- farm life (especially barns, tractors, chickens)
- fantasy (especially dragons, wizards, castles, elves)
- vintage linen postcards (especially night scenes)
- Chinese/Japanese watercolor drawings (especially the simple/abstract ones)
- views of your local countryside
- anything odd or interesting
- If you are an artist, or aspiring artist, a hand drawn card of any of these topics would be very welcome!
I like new and vintage cards, any size card, and even ad cards too from those topics.
Stamps - From USA (tags, RR) I especially like recent commemorative/picture stamps - I collect those used on envelopes and cards and try to get one of each which is hard since the US issues lots of sets each year. From Foreign, if you could use an interesting stamp on the postcard that would be nice, especially if you are from one of the countries with a 'Postcrossing' stamp! I wish we had one here in the USA! I find it amazing how many countries have chickens or dragons on some stamp! I’d also love to get one of the few stamps that are embroidered - especially the new one from Austria in the shape of a dirndl dress.
FYI - some people use postcrossing favorites for a want list, but mine are actual cards I've received that I like. I don't mind duplicates of those though, so if you have one, feel free to send one!