(Tip: please write the postcard ID on the card 2 times, in case one gets written over by the postmark or damaged, and don't forget the date!)
My name is Jason. I live just outside Austin, Texas, USA with my wife, 1 dog, and 3 cats. We have one daughter who is a PhD candidate at Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, NY. I work full time, but make time for collecting postcards, stamps and covers (envelopes) plus work in our yard and fix things around the house.
I have been fortunate to visit several countries: Canada, Mexico, Greece, Israel, Costa Rica, Iceland, Grand Cayman and India. I hope to make it to many more in the future.
If you need a suggestion about what to write:
- something about one of your hobbies
- funny childhood stories
- why you love to live where you do (if you do)
- what makes you get up and go to work each day (besides just the money)
I'll like any card with a nice message, but I especially like:
- a card made from an interesting food box (just cut out one side of a box and write on the inside like a postcard! )
- old books (on a table, on a shelf, in art, being read...)
- farm life (especially barns, tractors, chickens)
- fantasy (especially dragons, wizards, castles, elves)
- vintage linen postcards (especially night scenes)
- Chinese/Japanese watercolor drawings (especially the simple/abstract ones)
- views of your local countryside
- anything odd or interesting
- If you are an artist, or aspiring artist, a hand drawn card of any of these topics would be very welcome!
I like new and vintage cards, any size card, and even ad cards too from those topics.
Stamps - if you could use an interesting stamp on the postcard that would be nice, especially if you are from one of the countries with a 'Postcrossing' stamp! I wish we had one here in the USA! I find it amazing how many countries have chickens or dragons on some stamp!
FYI - some people use postcrossing favorites for a want list, but mine are actual cards I've received that I like. I don't mind duplicates of those though, so if you have one, feel free to send one!