I live in a small town in eastern Finland with my spouse. I am a dog person, at the moment I have a black labrador puppy Otto, My other dog; a retriever mix Peggy passed away 29.9. 2017 in the age of 14.5 years and our grand old lady, Nebo the Dog passed away on October 24th 2014 in the age of 16,5 years. We miss them so much.
I work as a librarian in a small academic library.
My hobbies are reading, gardening, cooking, stamp collecting (especially Australian and British stamps) and music. I also like traveling.
What comes to postcards, I'm not picky at all. If you like the postcard you are going to send me I'm sure I will like it, too!
But if you need ideas what to send, here we go...
- landscapes and sceneries, especially with woods and/or water
- dogs: dalmatians, black labradors, akitas, shibas, huskies...and funny or cute cats are nice, too!
- anything related to books, reading or libraries
- flowers and herbs
- wild animals from you country especially foxes, wolves,lynxes, lions, tigers, dingos
- colorful birds, butterflies
- gardens, parks, arboretums
- city views, street views, especially illustrations, old black and white photos or nightviews
- something typical for your village/town/region/country
- old houses, cottages, castles, manors, bridges, especially illustrations
- art by a local artist or impressionism,aquarelles,O'Keeffe, Monet, Manet, Degas, Sisley, Miro, Dali, Picasso...
- local rock musician/band (please, introduce them too!)
- fancy dresses and hats
- vintage posters and ads, book covers
- anything blue or green or something really colorfully
- Paddington bear, Miss Piggy, teddy bears
Perhaps you have a card I cannot even think of that might become my very favourite - just give it a try!
And you can also check my favourites.
I also appreciate beautiful stamps on postcards.
If you don't know what to write please, recommend me a book or a cd or a movie!
I wish you happy postcrossing and plenty of beautiful postcards!
PS. I found a list "20 of the World's Most Beautiful Libraries"
I would love to get postcard of these libraries.
I already have
- Library of the Benedictine Monastery of Admont, Austria
- National Library, Belarus
- The Trinity College Library, the Long Room
- The Strahov Monastery
- Melk Monastery Library, Melk, Austria
- Abbey Library St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Library of Cogress, Washington D.C.