ironseafishis a member in Germany . She has been a member for over 4 years (1,704 days).
Dear Strangers :) !
I utterly enjoy writing and receiving postcards, and I think the idea behind this website/project is very poetic :). When I receive a postcard, it is always so wonderful to think of the journey it made - the distances, seas and borders it crossed, the place where it came from, where it just hung around ;) until someone picked it out for me ... Somehow I think it is fascinating that it materially existed someplace else - that kind of fascination is something that an e-mail or instant message just cannot bring about.
I love postcards. I'm sure I'll love yours.
Feel absolutely free to pick a card YOU think is beautiful :)!
However, if you need more inspiration :) ...
My favorite kind of motives are these
( - I like both photos and paintings/illustrations, by the way):
- paths, gateways, windows
- the sea
- sth. dark, gothic, spooky (nothing horror-like, though)
- sth. mystical, dreamy, trippy, melancholy (see my profile pic ;) )
- kitschy or cozy Christmas or winter motives (all year)
- cats & sheep & mice and other cute animals
And if by any chance you have a card with one of the following motives, I'd be extra jolly super happy:
- Lancy Cat & Choo Choo Cats (Jetoy)
- Harry Potter
- Aesthetic/Artistic Skull Paintings or Illustrations
- Ski-Jumping Hills
But honestly, I joined postcrossing to send messages to people, to get messages from people, so please: Write something :)!! Many things, if you want to, I'd definitely like to read whatever you would like to share with me (or answer any question you might have for me)!
A few ideas (besides telling me about yourself, obviously):
- What have you done before or what will you do after writing this card?
- Is there a really great book or song you can recommend?
- Describe where you are while writing, your surroundings...
- Tell me what happened or what you did on your favorite day -so far- of 2017...
- Share something you learned about life & living ...
Thanks for reading my (rather long) profile. I'm looking forward to your card.