ironseafishis a member in Germany . She has been a member for over 4 years (1,765 days).
Dear Strangers :) !
I utterly enjoy writing and receiving postcards, and I think the idea behind this website/project is very poetic :). When I receive a postcard, it is always so wonderful to think of the journey it made - the distances, seas and borders it crossed, the place where it came from, where it just hung around ;) until someone picked it out for me ... Somehow I think it is fascinating that it materially existed someplace else - that kind of fascination is something that an e-mail or instant message just cannot bring about.
I love postcards. I'm sure I'll love yours.
Feel absolutely free to pick a card YOU think is beautiful :)!
However, if you need more inspiration :) ...
I like photos, paintings, illustrations of:
- paths, gateways, windows
- the sea
- night, dawn, dusk
- sth. dark, gothic, spooky (nothing horror-like, though)
__ for example: aesthetic/artistic skull paintings or illustrations
- sth. mystical, dreamy, trippy, melancholy (see my profile pic ;) )
- cats & sheep & mice and other cute animals
__ would really looove to get another Lancy Cat or Choo Choo Cat (Jetoy)
- ski-jumping hills
~ Or just send me that one odd but nice card of your collection that doesn't fit to anyone's wishlist :).
Even if it is self-made or an ad / free card ;)!
~ Christmas / holiday cards are very welcome, too. Especially when they are kitschy.
But honestly, I joined postcrossing to send messages to people, to get messages from people, so please: Write something :)!
I will hugely enjoy reading whatever you choose to share with me!
A few ideas (besides telling me about yourself, obviously):
- What have you done before or what will you do after writing this card?
- Is there a really great book or song you can recommend?
- Describe where you are while writing, your surroundings...
- Tell me what happened or what you did on your favorite day -so far- of 2017...
- Share something you learned about life & living ...
Thanks for reading my (rather long) profile. I'm looking forward to your card.