helenmary(or Helen) is a member in United Kingdom . She has been a member for over 7 years (2,773 days).
Hi everyone, I am new to this! I am a 20-year-old girl currently studying English Literature at Cambridge University in England. In my spare time I enjoy playing the piano, singing in a choir, volunteering abroad, scuba diving, making jewellery, ballroom & latin dancing and photography.
I am happy to receive almost any kind of postcard, but I am particularly interested in:
- national/regional postcards showing an interesting aspect of where you come from
- beautiful artistic shots of animals, scenery etc.
- Maine Coon cats
- a picture of you with your family/pet, or doing a favourite hobby
- a photo or artwork you made yourself (I will be sending some postcards of my own photos of Cambridge)
- something a bit different
I prefer not to receive:
- ad cards
- pictures of celebrities
I prefer my cards NOT in envelopes, and with something (even if very short) written on them. I want to improve my language skills so feel free to write in French or simple Spanish if you speak one of those languages. Please tell me a little bit about yourself and about where you live. Alternatively you could do something a little different, such as drawing a picture or telling me about one of your hobbies. Just do something interesting that will put a smile on my face when I receive it. I'm looking forward to sending and receiving postcards! I want to make my recipients happy so I will try hard to follow your requests as far as possible. :-)