heksita(or Marta) is a member in Poland . She has been a member for over 7 years (2,880 days).
I am a geeky type, loving science, computers and weird stuff. I love books (sci-fi mostly), good music, travelling, coffee, cooking & baking. I have a bad habit of buying books and never reading them. If you want to bore me to death, take me to a museum (BUT science museums are awesome). If the book is good, I can stay up till dawn. When I travel, I don't take many photos, I rather collect tickets and leaflets or visit a local grocery store. I watch way too many TV series :).
These are types of postcards I like the most:
- landscapes, city views (skyscrapers, bridges),
- nature (sunsets, water),
- food (especially typical of your country, food markets),
- retro reprints (like ads from 50s-60s),
- Gotochi (I have these: http://tinyurl.com/gotochi ),
- Nouvelles Images
|--> my collection: http://tinyurl.com/nouvellesimages
|--> my wishlist: http://tinyurl.com/ni-wishlist
- Cheburashka (I already have these: http://tinyurl.com/my-cheburashkas )
- Art Nuvo (I already have these: http://tinyurl.com/artnuvo )
Don't send me, please:
- multiviews (photos are usually too small!),
- ad / handmade / self print cards,
- Christmas / Easter cards,
- other cards related to religion or politics.
PLEASE don't send cards from countries other than your original ID (e.g. when you're on holidays).
I keep all my sent/received scans here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/heksita/collections/ . Take a look if you want to be sure you're not sending me a double.
I appreciate all cards I find in my mailbox, but if you live in a less popular or more exotic country I'd love to receive a landscape or a city view rather than flowers, cats or other neutral photos -- show me how your neighborhood looks like!
I prefer stamped and handwritten cards. If you don't know what to write, write a sentence or two in your native language or recommend your favourite restaurant in your area (I'll try to check it out ;) ).
Sprichst Du Deutsch? Dann hilf mir bitte meine Sprachkenntnisse verbessern!
Have a great day!
PS. I always upload my own scan of the received postcards (I believe all the scratches and damages have a story to tell), just give me some time :).