my first name is Geert, and I am a 56 years old male from a small town Zelzate in Belgium. Beside of sending and receiving postcards, my main hobby is philately. I am not just collecting stamps to put these just one beside of the other in a book, put I am frequently looking for the story behind a stamp or the stamp designer. I have a long term objective ... to create a book(let) connected to the Ghent Flowershow (www.floralien.be). For this purpose I am continuously looking for postcards and postage stamps showing flowers (mainly: azalea, begonia and orchid) or postcards telling something about flowershows or flower breeders (nursery).
I have a strong belief that putting something in handwriting is coming straight from the heart, as there no way to use a button 'delete' or use a 'cancel' function .... that's why I am so fond of writing and receiving postcards.
Receiving a postcard from someone somewhere in the world is the nicest experience ... so let your creativity work !!
If you would have a moment without inspiration you could use following hints as some source of 'mind-lightening':
- use special stamps (with flowers or for those countries where available use postcrossing stamps)
- cards with one of the following themes are allways a hit:
* flowers (especially: orchids, azalea, begonia)
* pictures showing art nouveau (especially: paintings, sketches from the czech artist Alphonse Mucha)
* botanical gardens, flowershows, or nursery
* as I am having the cutest dog on earth, called Tommy, any picture of a wire haired fox terrier will be saved for lifetime
As important as the picture and the stamp on the postcard, is the added text! Tell something about yourself, and do not hesitate to add some sentence in your native language (a translation into english would be appreciated though ...)
I am really looking forward to see and read from the rest of the world !
It's a small world after all :-)
Very best regards
(updated May 22nd, 2018)