Ciao! My name is Margeux and I love sending snail mail. I "catalog" my mail journey over on instagram > @geuxieee_sm.
I am US-based, currently living in the Colorado high desert. I was born in North Carolina, but grew up in central Florida. I’ve moved (mostly) across the county a few times now. In past years, I have lived all over Florida, in Florence, Italy (for a semester while studying), and in other areas of Colorado (in foothills above Boulder + on the continental divide).
I LOVE learning about other places and cultures! Postcrossing is such a beautiful way to see and experience the world around me, and I am grateful for the opportunity!
I prefer written and stamped, with no envelope!
Please date the postcard!
If you are not sure what to write/send, here are some ideas...
(A) My current collections ...
* botanical/garden spaces (I'd love to hear about one near you)
* "boring" postcards (the weirder/more boring the better, haha)
* old/vintage postcards of motels or travel-parks
* old promotional Holiday Inn postcards
* flamingos (doodles/illustrations, photographs, etc)
* vintage postcards, particularly with weird imagery/written messages
* handmade postcards, especially when recycled/repurposed materials are used
(B) My favorite things are ...
* museums + libraries
* historic/heritage/cultural sites
* anything eclectic, obscure, bizarre, and/or macabre!
* art + art history, especially medieval and proto-Renaissance (Giotto is my favorite artist)
* saints, relics, or holy sites FROM ANY + ALL FAITHS/PATHS/TRADITIONS
* flowers, trees, plants (also herbalism)
* space, the moon + stars (also astrology)
* tarot, other divination systems
* halloween (everyday, not just Oct 31st)
* Italy (because I miss it so much)
* flags, maps, fact cards
* landscapes (mountains, beaches, forest, arctic, desert, etc)
* your own art!
* fun-shaped cards, cut-out cards
(C) Tell me about ...
* your average day
* your favorite meal
* a recipe for something you eat often or on special occasions
* your local history
* your favorite hike/trek
* what you love (or what you hate)
* your favorite part about where you live
* your favorite part about your country
* what you study/studied in school
* a short phrase/quote in your native language (with translation, please!)
* what you do for fun
* your favorite poem or piece of art
* your own poem or piece of art
* book + music suggestions
* your favorite cultural holiday
* how you experience life
* how you see the world
SO GRATEFUL FOR EACH AND EVERY POSTCARD I RECEIVE!
* light + love *