Hello from Gouda!
I'm 36 years old Finnish woman, currently living in The Netherlands together with my Dutch husband, our two boys, two funny cats and one cute cockatiel. I like spending time outdoors, taking nature photographs, geocaching, cycling, traveling, cooking and birding.
I'm not working at the moment, but I used to have a job as a mailman. I really loved my work, because I have always been interested in all kinds of postal things (sorting & delivering mail, stamps, letters, postcards...) and because I was lucky to have the most amazing coworkers. I hope to find a similar job here in Holland :).
I'd be happy to receive all kinds of postcards. Below are some examples of themes that I think are especially nice, but please don't feel like you must send me cards that match with these themes. I'm happy with everything I get, just as long as they are postcards :D.
* Birds (I love all kinds of birds, but I have a soft spot for parrots, owls & chickens :)
* Trees and forests
* Trains and railways
* Lighthouses, castles & windmills
* Wild flowers & animals
* Farming (animals, farms, fields, tools, tractors :)
* Mountains (because there aren't any in Holland! :o)
* Lakes, rivers, seas & oceans
* Fish, reptiles & amphibians (♥ frogs & snakes)
* Insects (esp. butterflies)
* Beautiful landscapes
* Anything about Lapland (it's my favorite place in the world)
* Airplanes & airports
* Australia (I love this country!!)
* Anything that is related to The X-Files (TV show)
* All things postal (like mailboxes, postal outfits and so on)
Traditional cityviews are always welcome, too! :)
I have also put some cards on my postcard wall as favorites that would really make my day if I ever found them (or any cards alike) in my mailbox. I understand most of them must be very hard to come by and I honestly don't expect that everyone is going to send me these. I have just been so amazed by all the beautiful cards there are in the world :).
Happy Postcrossing to everyone! :)