I'm a born-again Christian (saved by grace through faith). I'm also a writer & a genealogist. My hobbies include photography, reading, roller coasters, & various artistic efforts. I research & document cemeteries, as well.
My favorite postcards are unusual, surreal. I'm not all that fond of city views (unless historic or great architecture). I LOVE stamps. I prefer postcards that are written, DATED(!), & stamped, & only from original country/state.
I'll be happy with any card you choose; here are some suggestions:
- any card from my Postcrossing Favorites or my Flickr Favorites (https://www.flickr.com/photos/visitgalifrey/favorites/). These are cards I don't have.
- Year of the Rooster
- Handmade cards
- I'd especially like cards of people with mirrors and cards that focus on eyes
- Doctor Who, Firefly/Serenity
- Disney Villainesses
- Alice in Wonderland (my collection: https://www.flickr.com/photos/visitgalifrey/albums/72157634236667653)
- Erté, Franz Marc, Michael Parkes, M.C. Escher, Edward Hopper, Dale Chihuly, Monet's & Van Gogh's lesser known works
- cemeteries (my collection: https://www.flickr.com/photos/visitgalifrey/albums/72157688277856343)
- abandoned prisons, hospitals, schools, amusement parks, houses, buildings, even random items
- ruins, archaeology
- art deco
- passionflowers, orchids, iris, peonies, daffodils, calla lilies, Himmel-Schlüssel, Edelweiss
- writing, books, mysteries
- women reading
- CROSSES (not crucifixes)
- ANYTHING about the sea, ocean
- SHOES & hats, vintage or historical fashions
- dogs (especially large breeds); any animal (not in cages, hurt, or being mistreated) but NO RATS!
- Nancy Drew, Pippi Longstocking; Shirley Temple
- GF cards, shaped cards (rare in US!)
- cards that show your country's currency (coins or bank notes)
- Hebrew, history of Israel
- Christian & inspirational
- Easter & Christmas postcards; birthday postcards May-July
- coloring cards (I prefer YOU color them!)
*Ireland: Ruins of St. Nicholas Church & Cemetery
*Indonesia: Cave Cemetery of Toraja
*Ukraine: Casa cu chimere (Gorodetsky House)
Please don't send nudity, erotica, or off-color/crude humor or images.
What you write is especially meaningful to me. Here are some ideas:
- facts about the card (including what's printed on the front, if not in English)
- something about YOU
- upcoming holidays or festivals
- something unusual about where you live
- a favorite website
- a favorite quote, Bible verse, or song lyrics
- a book or movie you recommend
- music you recommend
NOTE: USPS often puts a white label across postcards. This label is easily removed without damaging the card.
"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39