Hi! My name is Gabi. I'm 32 yrs old, and I live in NE Ohio with my dog and 4 cats. I love hiking with my dog, embroidery, photography, visiting museums of all kinds, and traveling.
I am happy to receive your card stamped or in an envelope, whichever the sender would prefer! I love and collect stamps, so nice stamps are always appreciated (but not expected). I don't mind receiving homemade, vintage, or ad cards as long as they are of a quality you wouldn't mind receiving yourself!
(European users - I would love if you're able to use the 2022 Europa stamps for your country, or even past Europa stamps!)
Ideas if you can't think of what to write: Your favorite quote or passage from literature! The song that's currently stuck in your head! The last thing that made you actually laugh out loud!
I am happy and thankful to receive any card from around the world, and I love surprises! However, if you are the kind of person who likes to read a wishlist to choose the perfect card, you can keep reading for some ideas. **This is not a list of demands, and I definitely don't expect a card that matches the list!**
My favorites wall is made of cards I haven't received, and can give you an idea of the style and vibe of cards I really enjoy (both in art style and topic). I also have an an album of my favorite cards I've received in the past (https://bit.ly/37XtdIo).
My collections: https://bit.ly/3xySWSA
Some of my particular favorite types of cards to receive are:
* some special interests are: LOTR/The Hobbit (books or films), the world of Star Trek (especially DS9), Shakespeare and his plays, Benjamin Franklin, Pre-Raphaelite art, embroidery and other fiber arts, Japanese Gotochi cards, and zodiac/tarot systems from around the world
* cards with themes related to fairy tales, myths, legends, or traditional costumes/cultural objects
* cards with illustrations from local or famous artists, children's book illustrations, or famous cartoon characters from your area (such as Moomin, Little Prince, Pokemon, Die Maus, etc.)
* a card with a piece of art you like from your local art museum
* cards related to literary and language themes, especially cards with poems on them (any language!), or alphabets from around the world
* cards from postcard boxes or sets (I love trying to complete sets; here is an album of box/set cards I've already received: https://bit.ly/3xxIryA)
* cards related to stamps and/or the postal system of any country (maxicards, stamp collages, Royal Mail PHQ cards, post box illustrations, etc.)
* Favorite artists: Carl Larsson, Alma-Tadema, Waterhouse, Bouguereau, Odilon Redon, Aubrey Beardsley, Leyendecker, or anyone with similar styles to these
* Favorite animals: peacocks and water birds, sharks/fish, mammals with hooves (especially goats/deer), toads
* Favorite plants: magnolia & ginkgo trees, lavender, wood sorrel, marigold