I am a high school teacher of English and History living in the Ruhr region of Germany. Among my interests are reading, swimming, writing stories, visiting museums, going to the cinema, my three godchildren and horseracing. My favourite place to travel is Great Britain where I used to live for a year in the mid-1990s when I was still at university.
I love my job very much and enjoy spending time together with young people, accompanying them a little distance on their way into adulthood. It's a true privilege!
Any postcard you choose for me will be valued and appreciated. Just finding it in my mailbox is guaranteed to make me happy already. If you want to put an extra smile on my face, I do have a rather random collection of favourites and special interests.
• any cards in my favourites
• specially designed meet-up cards with the Postcrossing logo (with or without signatures/stamps)
• museums (buildings, special exhibits, exhibition posters...), preferably with the name of the museum printed on the card
• tea pots, tea mugs, tea bags… I really do love tea!
• autumn themes and colours
• inkwells & quills
• nighttime views and illustrations of the moon and/or the starlit sky
• old cemeteries & gravestones
• cacti and succulents
• comfy armchairs & sofas
• dinosaur skeletons (in museum displays or archaeological digs)
• people in the water (swimming, diving, bathing, in the rain...)
• PHQ stamp cards from UK Royal Mail
• formally dressed gentlemen wearing e.g. tuxedos, bow ties, bowler hats, top hats...
• animals: hedgehogs, giraffes, penguins, whales, sleeping (!) cats
• Tabineko (the traveling cat)
Thank you! :-)