Hello there!! Welcome to my profile! To introduce myself…
My name is Carolyn, I'm 20 years old and I’m from Massachusetts. I'm currently a Biology major in college (I’m interested in environmental, conservation, and wildlife studies). I work at the library circulation desk in my University (it’s such a fun job)! My profile picture is my beautiful dog, Kimi. She’s like my sister! I also have a grey tabby, named Pepper. She’s kind of a crazy cat.
For hobbies other than Postcrossing… I’ve got quite a lot! I love to draw and illustrate (my work-in-progress portfolio: https://sundogart.weebly.com/ ). I really love spending time outdoors, especially playing with my dog. I love animals and all kinds of wildlife (we live in a beautiful world)! I play a bit of piano and guitar, too. I also enjoy history, culture, and languages as well as learning about people from across the world (pen-palling, too!). This project is great for that, I’ve had such a fun time with it so far!!
I REALLY LOVE ALL POSTCARDS! I put that all in caps because it is true! I love the surprise element and learning about you, your interests, and seeing the cards that you like the best!
But... here's a little list of my favorite ones, just in case. :^)
- animals (dogs and cats especially)
- cute animal cartoons/illustrations (Beatrix Potter, etc.)!
- cryptids or other mythological creatures (unicorns!)
- nature (especially drawings)
- vintage looking ones (including vintage ads or "Greetings from...")
- tourist cards or things in your country/culture
- cartoons/comics (especially Tintin, Peanuts, Calvin and Hobbes, Krtek, Studio Ghibli, and ones from your country!) and book related cards (The Little Prince, Winnie the Pooh, etc.)
- illustrations (especially ones of animals)
- historical events, people, or places
- planes or helicopters
- holidays (depending on time of year)
- cards including writing in another language
- humorous ones
- any fun, unique, or unusual ones that you don't really know what to do with!
Feel free to write the card or some of it in either English or your mother tongue, I really like learning/deciphering languages! ...And I love hearing anything and everything from what you ate for breakfast this morning to a poem that you wrote! :^)
* Also, I usually don't upload pictures of cards that I send. I like to leave it up to the receiver if they want to post it or not! I do, however, upload cards that I receive if they aren't already posted!
Thank you for reading, and Happy Postcrossing!! :) ❤