Hi! My name is Tim. I'm from Northern Germany but live in the South. Between 2015 and 2016 I lived in Japan for a year as an exchange student.
I like to surf the internet, take walks (especially in the morning when the streets are empty) or listening to music. Though I don't really prefer a certain genre or country, some of my favorite artists come from Japan and include ONE OK ROCK, [Alexandros], Perfume and Chihiro Onitsuka.
趣味はネットサーフィンすることや散歩することや音楽に聞くことなどです。一番好きなジャンルがないんだけど、大好きな歌手とバンドに日本から来た音楽家がすごく多いんだと思っている。例えば、[Alexandros]、ONE OK ROCK、パフューム、鬼束ちひろ。
If you'd like to have an inspiration about what to send to me, I'll give a list about some things that would come to my mind when I think about things I'd like to receive. :)
- landscapes (everything from lowlands to mountains)
- city views (e.g. New York, Tokyo, Osaka, Kansas City, Paris, Barcelona, Beijing, London, etc.)
- rural regions and villages (村と田舎らしい場所)
- the culture of your country (貴国の文化に関する物)
- (historical) sights (歴史的とか近代の名所)
- something that you think represents your country (貴国の代表的な物)
- festivals in your region/country (祭り)
- Studio Ghibli, Detective Conan, One Piece (スタジオジブリ、名探偵コナン、ワンピース)
- special events like the Olympic Games, Soccer World Cup (特別なイベント。例えば、オリンピックやサッカーのワールドカップなど)
- mascots (マスコット)
- all about the different states of the USA (especially Kansas & New York)
- castles, mansions, etc. (城)
- shrines, temples (神社、お寺)
However, these are just some suggestions and of course you can send me something else if you want to. But I'd like to ask you not to send me postcards with advertising or cheesy motives you'd usually find on souvenirs (for example the angels on the Sistine Madonna). :)
I leave it up to you if you put the card in an envelope or not. I think both is alright but of course the envelope has the advantage that you don't need to write the address on the card itself and therefore you can write me a longer message which I always appreciate. ;)
I took my profile picture in the Japanese garden next to Sunpu Castle in the Japanese city of Shizuoka in March 2016.
I'm looking forward to all of your cards! :D