I am a retired sailor, with interests in reading, film, lego, chess, railroads, geology, birdwatching, photography, geocaching and dogs. I prefer stamped postcards with a written message, not cards in envelopes.
It is a thrill to receive any personal correspondence, and I will gladly welcome anything you send, that being said, I am particularly interested in the following (these are in no particular order):
- Postcrossing Meetup cards
- Alternate media: lenticular cards, copper cards, wooden cards, leather cards
- Scenic views, especially rugged coasts, shorelines, beaches
- Maritime themes: light houses, mermaids, ships, particularly tall ships
- Art nudes
- Wolves & dogs
- ANY Lantern Press card
- Maps & nautical charts
- Sunrises and sunsets
- Raptors & falconry
- Shore birds
- Bridges, especially covered bridges
- Clocks & time
- Auroras (Northern and Southern Lights)
- Paintings by Frank Frazetta
- Paintings by Boris Vallejo
- Hot air balloons
- Views from Space
- Ferris wheels
- Anything related to Edgar Allen Poe
- People eating ice cream
Looking at my favorites will also provide some insight as to what I like. I don't worry about duplicates because there aren't any; the message on every card is different!
I look forward to hearing about your world, your thoughts on love, death, sunrises and sunsets, the wind through the trees, the waves on the beach, or anything you'd like to tell me about.
Thanks for sharing with me views of the world you live in, I very much look forward to hearing from you!
Warmest regards -
Post scriptum: Sometimes the US Postal Service affixes a white, half-inch-wide sticker across postcards (for a barcode). This strip can be easily removed without damaging the card. Also: I don't send postcards in envelopes. Just can't bring myself to do it. They are postcards.
I do not register cards I that have not received.