This is a magical idea for a website!
My name is Emma, I'm 28 and I've just qualified as a paediatric nurse here in Edinburgh, Scotland. I wasn't able to travel much while I was studying - due to working lots and having no money! - so I joined postcrossing in the hopes of seeing the whole world from my living room :)
I have made a wishlist of what I think are the most beautiful cards on this website, and if you send me one of those I will love you forever!:
If you don't have any of those cards, don't worry, I collect typical "tourist" postcards :)
Please send me cards that show the most beautiful things about your city/town/country/culture:
- City views: Famous landmarks, historic places or buildings, street views
- People from your country
- Anything to do with your national culture (dance, musical instruments, jewellery, costumes, local festivals)
- Typical houses or streets
- Unusual city/country views
- Cards from your country which are full of bright colours, or with dramatic skylines (storms, sunrises, sunsets)
I'm also interested in receiving cards which show:
- The art of Jack Vettriano
- Books, libraries, reading
- Anything sparkly!
- Music and musicals
- Funny cards
If you don't know what to send, please just choose me a card that you would like to receive!
I participate in private swaps and forum tags as well, so please check my flickr account to see all the postcards I have already received:
Thank you in advance for all of your wonderful cards!