my name is Dustin and I come from Germany. My passion for stamps began in 2011 when my grandma gave me a small album with some old stamps. I really liked to look at them and soon I wanted to enlarge my "collection". In January 2012 I went to the philatelic shop in my home town for the first time and since then I am addicted. In 2012 I also began with Postcrossing. Shortly after I joined the Postcrossing Forum. I am much more active there and visit it usually every day. In 2016 I started to study history and mathematics at the university to become a teacher one day and it keeps me really busy.
If you want to make me happy with a card please send me a view card of an interesting, famous or historic place or building sent with nice, matching or even extraordinary stamps from your country. The last is especially important for me. I hate cards that are not sent from country of origin. Especially if you are from a "rare" country a view card would be my favourite choice.
Some of my more special interests (both for postcards/stamps and in general) include:
- I love museums! If you have a card of a big museum in your country or of your favourite museum I would be happy to see it.
- I love stamps! Old, new, any nice one will be really appreciated. Below you can find a small wishlist. Maybe you have one of them? :)
- Currently I am really in the mood for Star Wars. Star Wars cards (or stamps!) are thus very welcome, but please only canonic stuff. No old comics or books. ;)
- History themes that interest me very much at the moment are: Ancient Greece and Rome, Medieval Cities, Hanseatic League, Reformation, Renaissance, Enlightenment, Napoleon, Train History, World War II, Space Exploration History, European Unification
- Other Themes I like: Giant Pandas in Zoos, World Fair's, Train Stations, Futuristic Architecture, Colonial Architecture (especially British), Global Cities, UNESCO World Heritage, Famous Animals from your Country, European Heritage Label and other important Places for the Common European History, Eurovision Song Contest, Traditional Puppetry from your country, Places connected with Dinosaurs, Places connected to Mysteries like Alien Landings or Ghost Stories, my Favourites
- I have a postcard blog (link above) and a related Instagram account (@dustin15_collections). On my blog you can also find a longer wishlist and my collection. :)
If you have one of these stamps I would be really happy if you would use it:
2005: Muppets (US)
2007: Star Wars (US)
2010: Winnie the Pooh (GB), Youth Olympics (SG)
2011: Thomas the Tank (GB)
2012: Roald Dahl (GB), Year of the Dragon (AU, CA, CN, HR, NZ, SG, SI)
2014: Game Icons (IE)
2017: Year of the Rooster (AU)
2019: Masha and the Bear (RU)
2020: Baby Animals (BY), EU Presidency (HR), Moomin (FI), Olympic Mascots (CN), Year of the Rat (BY, CA, EE, RO)
Thanks for reading my long profile and Happy Postcrossing!