my name is Dustin and I come from Germany. In 2011 my grandma gave me a small album with some old stamps. I really liked to look at them and soon I wanted to enlarge my "collection". Shortly after, in January 2012, I began to collect more seriously and thanks to an article in the postfrisch magazine of the Deutsche Post I found out about Postcrossing the same year. I joined in June 2012, but have always been more active on the Forum. Soon I will graduate in history and mathematics from our local university with the goal to become a teacher soon. It kept me really busy in the last years. Things I like to do beside Postcrossing and my studies are watching movies and series, visiting museums and playing Pokemon (but not Go). Recently I also started reading classic science fiction books.
Collecting postcards is such a great way to see the World. That is why I especially like to collect cards that are specific to a country, region and city and not any generic ones that could be bought all over the World. Local view cards are always welcome, but anything that shows me something about your place is great. But please really only send me a card about YOUR country. I hate cards that are not sent from country of origin. Also I prefer them written and stamped and in normal size (10x15cm), but that is not so important.
***If you are from Japan I would love if you could send me a card with Pokemon stamps. Maybe even a Pokemon card? I love them!***
If you do not have a view card here are some more inspirations for postcards:
- Museums (buildings and exhibits)
- Giant Pandas in Zoos
- European Heritage Label Sites, UNESCO World Heritage
- Eurovision Song Contest, World's Fairs
- Train Stations
- Futuristic Architecture
- My Favourites
- Star Wars (only the new canon!), Pokemon, Studio Ghibli, Moomins
As a stamp collector there are always some stamps I am looking for. Maybe you can use one of these on your card? :)
- My main collecting theme for stamps is Childhood Heroes (cartoon, comics, fairy tales, children's books, ...)
- some of my all-time favourites: Glow-in-the-Dark Lunar New Year Stamps (KR), Muppets (US), Pokemon (JP), Roald Dahl (GB), Sesame Street (US), Smurfs (BE), Star Wars (PT, GB, US), Winnie the Pooh (GB)
- Poland: Stanislaw Lem (2021)
- Thailand: Year of the Ox (2021)
- USA: Ursula K. Le Guin (2021)
I have four blogs about postcards (link above), my stamp collection, history and Childhood Heroes on Stamps and philatelic accounts on Instagram (@dustin15_collections) and Twitter (@dustin15collect). On my postcard blog you can also find a longer wishlist and my collection. :)
Thanks for reading my long profile and Happy Postcrossing!