I have always loved postcards so I was glad when my friend told me about postcrossing! Of course I love receiving postcards but I also love sending them. Reading someone's profile and trying to find the right postcard for them is just as great as receiving cards.
I'm also looking for snail mail penpals so if you are interested please let me know.
To German postcrossers: ich würde mich sehr über Chronikkarten (siehe auch Link weiter unten) und Ansichtskarten von Weihnachtsmärkten freuen (gerne auch das ganze Jahr über) , wie es sie z.B. von Schöning gibt.
Please DON'T send christmas card to me. I would like to receive a view card from your region or a place you have visited instead. I always prefer picture cards to painted ones.
My very favorite cards are:
- city view cards: typical tourist picture cards: single or multi-views
- "greetings from..." series (postallove statistics) - So far I have: AR, CA, CN, CZ, DK, ES, FI, FR, DE, HU, JP, NL, PL, PT, RO, SK, KR, CH, TJ, GB, US
- castles, palaces
- the sea, islands, beaches, lakes
- container ships and cruise ships
- Snoopy Cards (would love to receive one!)
- sea ports
- airports or air planes
- special buildings and places in your country
- UNESCO World Heritage sights
- outside view of churches
- kangaroos, koalas and polar bears
- postcards from Hamburg and Venice - I love both cities :)
- special wish for German postcrossers: ich liebe die roten Chronikkarten vom "Schoening-Verlag". Ich habe schon einige (auch viele zum Tauschen) aber es gibt sicherlich noch viele mehr. Ganz unten findet ihr den Link zu den Karten, die ich bereits habe. Swaps sind sehr willkommen.
I don't like art and vintage / old or painted postcards. Please save them for people who really enjoy them and try to show me a view from your country or a place you visited instead.
I will try and register all postcards as soon as possible. If I don't register yours in a reasonable time please email me.
Thank you very much and happy postcrossing!