I have been collecting postcards for some time; I seem to have inherited the hobby from my great-grandfather and still have his original collection.
I would prefer if you didn't send any oversized cards; they don't seem to travel well to me. The subject matter is up to you! Like most people, I have some types of postcards that I enjoy more than others, but if you don't have any of mine, DON'T APOLOGIZE; just send me something you like! Please send postcards (and not greeting cards and such) even if you're not sure I'll like it -- because I will like it if it's from you and from the heart.
Of course, it's hard to go wrong with postcards featuring pretty girls. Not a requirement, just a suggestion. Other cards that pique my interest are (in no particular order):
- twins! (I have identical baby boys);
- Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends;
- vintage cards (originals and reproductions);
- clocks and time;
- maps and flags;
- anything related to mail itself;
- Santa Claus in his many incarnations, at any time of year;
- vintage movies/cinema;
- art, especially if it features women;
- Japan!: Junichi Nakahara makes me happy.
- Russia!: Z. E. Serebryakova makes me happy.
- old black and white photos;
- art nudes / erotic cards (in an envelope is appreciated);
- pin-up girls;
- auroras (Northern and Southern Lights);
- old Soviet propaganda;
- vintage posters;
- ad cards that might be considered sexy;
- girls in traditional / ethnic dress;
- art / gallery photography;
- Star Trek / any classic sci-fi.
I'm grateful for the thought and the effort. Unwritten in an envelope, or written and stamped -- whichever floats your boat.
If you'd like a private swap, let me know; I have all kinds of things in my postcard "slush pile". I also have mailer's postmark permits, and usually postmark my sent postcards myself.
I also play several musical instruments, poorly. I'm an avid photographer; my favorite subjects are people. I have a library of books that rivals my collection of postcards in terms of numbers, but is not nearly as easy to store.