Hi! My name is Savitri. I work as an app developer and UI/UX designer. I spent my childhood in Indonesia, my teenage years in Singapore, and my twenties in the US (Pacific Northwest). I'm now back in my home country, hoping to expand my horizons as I connect with Postcrossers around the world, one postcard at a time. I have 3 furry kids who bark and wag their tails.
In my spare time, I often have my head buried in a book. My favorites are "To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee, "A Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger. I admire books by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Leo Tolstoy, Paulo Coelho. My "guilty pleasure" TV Shows are Stranger Things, Sherlock, Game of Thrones, The Witcher, La Casa de Papel (Money Heist). I love movies with incredible storylines and acting, mostly those directed by Quentin Tarantino and Christopher Nolan. Feel free to drop me your book/TV Show/movie suggestions.
- Anything that represents where you're from (historical figures, landscapes, architecture, heritage sites, public transportation, cultural activities, etc.)
- Royal Mail "Game of Thrones" postcards & stamps - I have "Daenerys," "Jon Snow," "Eddard (Ned) Stark" and would be thrilled to get other characters as well :)
- Royal Mail "Sherlock" / "Harry Potter" / "Queen" postcards & stamps
- Illustrations (Norman Rockwell, Inge Löök, Where's Wally/Waldo, etc.)
- Studio Ghibli
- References to my favorite literature (books/films) mentioned
- Postkarten der Edition Tausendschön
- Gotochi postcards
- Any designs of World Postcard Day (it's ok to send those anytime)
- Political propaganda, historical events
- Animal Crossing (game)
It's totally fine if you send something else that's not listed. I prefer postcards WITHOUT envelopes. To me, the written content on the back is equally as important. Write about yourself. I'd like to know more about you -- your cultures, hobbies, anything that makes you unique! If you run out of ideas, you can share a trivia/fun-fact, give a riddle, or even try the monthly writing prompt (see this month's topic on the official Postcrossing blog). I scan and upload all my outgoing cards, and if you could scan or take a picture of yours, that would be greatly appreciated!
Lastly, I play Animal Crossing New Horizons. If you're a fellow ACNH player, you can visit my island through my dream address: DA-2549-8647-2692. Let me know your dream address so I can visit your island in my "dream" too! :) Thank you and happy Postcrossing!