I'm Katie. My parents are Chinese, I was born and raised in Costa Rica and now I am living and working in Toronto, Canada. I speak English, Spanish, French and Cantonese (I can't read Chinese).
I'm a creative type of person. I love crafts, drawings, photography, music, and cooking.
Your postcards are my only way of travelling for now, so please show me the place where you live :) It's a shame when you live in such a beautiful place and the only image I get from the place you live is a random picture of a button or an ad card that I don't understand.
My preferred themes (Tourist Postcards):
- nature sceneries: beaches, islands, snow, autumn, mountains, forests, lakes, waterfalls, rivers, UNESCO world heritage sites
- architecture: famous buildings, weird buildings, castles, towers, bridges
- city views (preferably single view but multi-view ok too)
- Alice in Wonderland http://bit.ly/K8Ddyn
- Lali Riddle http://bit.ly/K8DfXd
- USA map cards http://bit.ly/1jPzBz1
- My favourites http://www.postcrossing.com/user/cheshirekat/gallery/favourites
Other suggestions if you don't have any of the above:
- food: especially desserts or cheese, recipes
- Disney, Pixar, Harry Potter, Le Petit Prince, Wizard of Oz
- drinks: coffee/tea
- animals: penguins, sea animals, meerkats, koalas, wild animals
- sports: winter sports and water sports
- black and white with an object in red (no retro B&W)
- homemade postcards if you're an artist
- map cards
- nouvelles images (multiples)
- postcards with rainbows, gnomes, pirates, superheroes, guitars, ladybugs, teddy bears, steampunk
If you still don't have any of the above:
- any other card that you like (but whatever you choose, please don't send me a postcard you wouldn't like to receive, like random images that don't make sense)
Please, NO FOLDED CARDS, ADVERTISING CARDS OR VINTAGE CARDS
Optional Request #1: I would like to ask you to please draw me a dinosaur somewhere on the postcard. Size/looks don't matter.
Optional Request #2: Write me about your favourite national dish and dessert.
THANK YOU!! your postcards in my mail make me very happy!!