carlafed(or Carla) is a member in Italy . She has been a member for over 6 years (2,477 days).
Ciao! I am Carla Federica, a 63 year young girl living on the hills near the city of Genoa, a port in NW Italy. I live in a small house with a large garden, 10 km from downtown and from the Mediterranean sea. I share my house with my husband Luca and 4 female cats ... plus occasional visitors. My daughter living in Rome and my sister living in Paris pamper me with many postcards from those two great capitals .
I like to work in my garden and greenhouse, to walk in the country, but also in towns, to discover and photograph plants. I like also many kinds of handwork such as knitting, crochet, sewing, decoupage, and making useful things out of recycled materials.
I enjoy every postcard I receive :-)) but I prefer a postcard typical of your country, with the place where you live or a place that you love.
I would like to receive a postcard from every corner of the world, the more unusual, unknown and apparently insignificant, the better :-))
Besides that, I like:
* History: something that speaks about the past of your town/region/country or simply tells a story
* Art: paintings by an artist of your country, or a sculpture or peculiar architecture, classic or contemporary
* Artistic photography
* Nature, botanical illustrations and botanic gardens, trees, forest, birds,
* Metro stations and maps
* Africa and African art
* All kind of traditional art and craft
* Postcrossing meetings
* English novels (Austen, Dickens, Bronte sisters and others)
* TV series: Downton Abbey and Game of Thrones
* Illustrators such as Inge look (but I have many of them ;-)), Sven Nordqvist's Pettson and Findus, Belarussian Sergey Fedorovich Davidovich-Zosin
or, if you wish, you can have a look at my favourite postcards https://www.postcrossing.com/user/carlafed/gallery/favourites, these are postcards I have not received yet.
Postcards I do not like very much (and you can save for postcrossers who like them): multiview, modern buildings, royal families or famous people in general (I prefer ordinary people), Disney and cartoons in general; very commercial Ad card (I like artistic free card); folded cards (these are not postcards ;-)); touchnote postcards; postcards made from simple cardboard
... if it is possible for you, please send me a real postcard, standard size, written and stamped, without envelope, and please write the date :-)) thanks a lot.
Amici italiani: colleziono cartoline di tutti i comuni italiani, una cartolina del vostro paese, più piccolo è meglio è, mi farà mooolto piacere. Grazie :-))
Thank you for reading this and for sending me a postcard ♥ :-)) ♥
Wish you the best