For a complicated set of reasons I won't get into, I was inactive on Postcrossing for several months. I apologise to anyone who sent me postcards during that period that I didn't acknowledge. I have missed Postcrossing and so I have returned and hope to send and receive many wonderful postcards!
I used to collect postcards when I was a child, then got away from it for many years until I discovered Postcrossing! I am very interested in learning about other countries/regions and cultures, so if you don't know what to write please tell me something about yourself and/or where you live. You can also tell me something about the image on the card or why you chose it. I would also appreciate it if you could write the date on the card.
I am very happy to receive any type of postcard (flat, not folded please), including standard tourist viewcards (and it is ok to send a card that is of a different country than where it is mailed from). If you would like ideas for what to send, I especially am interested in:
* anything special to you about where you live
* national/state maps or flags
* nature/the outdoors/the environment
* anything related to history - people, places, buildings, etc
* animals, especially black cats, wolves and bears
* plants, especially trees and herbs
* vintage/old or vintage reprint cards
* holidays (local/national/international) - feel free to send these any time of year!
* Marvel comics/films, Lord of the Rings/Hobbit, any version of Star Trek, Harry Potter, Buffy/Angel, or Monty Python
A few special interests I have that may be difficult for most Postcrossers to send, but would really thrill me to receive cards:
* images of Ireland (especially Limerick), because I used to live there
* UNESCO World Heritage sites
* Olympics (past or present), especially logos and mascots
* Nouvelles Images
* US Postcrossers: I would love maps of the following states to complete my collection: Arkansas, Connecticut, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia and Wyoming
One of the things I love about Postcrossing is being surprised and excited to receive a card that may not be on my list of favourites (because I don't know it exists) but is just so wonderful. So have fun with it - as far as I am concerned that is what Postcrossing is all about!