My husband and I are both immigrants to Canada and always get excited when we see postcards from our home countries - Poland and Malaysia.
My son is 4 - he likes looking at the postcards I receive.
Some fun facts about me:
- I am absolutely obsessed with portraits, including royal people, political people, First Nations people, random people, vintage people, national costume people,athletic people, acting people, musical people, celebrity people, military people, small people, fashion people
- I would drop everything that I am doing and go to space tomorrow if given the opportunity;
- I am trying to save the planet but its hard;
- I love stories, mythology, history, ghost stories, fairy tales and folklore.
If you are looking for ideas for what to write on the card:
- tell me about the front of the card and why you think its interesting;
- what's going in the news where you live;
- tell me a story from your life;
- a poem or quote;
- recommend a book, music, or anything you think I might enjoy
I generally like tourist cards and will be happy with whatever card you choose to send to me, but if you need other ideas I am interested in any of the below:
- Black and White or Vintage Cards
- Religion - gods, goddesses, saints, temples, churches
- History, Mythology, Fairytales and Folklore
- Art in all its forms
- Traditional Arts and Crafts
- Food, recipes, markets
- UNESCO - World Hertitage sites, intangible heritage, tentative
- Ad cards are cool but please use your best judgement
- Propaganda or Political Cards
- Cityscapes - especially nightviews
- industry, machines, vehicles and mining
- food, recipes, markets
- airplanes and airports
- anything ocean, maritime or nautical
- Anything you think is interesting or special about where you live or have visited.
DIRECT SWAPS - if you want to swap, I am open to it but please send me a u2u on the forums. I will not respond to swap requests received through the main site or Facebook.