My name is Astrid, I am 40 years old. Postcrossing saved me from an empty mailbox during the time we lived in Austria & Germany and now that we are back in The Netherlands, I want to keep on receiving messages from all around the world :)
If you are from a German speaking country: please write me in German! I want to keep up with the language.
First of all: I enjoy receiving any kind of card - the fact that you take time to choose a card for me means a lot. So never say ´Sorry for this card´ on your card - I get that a lot and it is not necessary! I have wishes, but I know that these are just wishes - not demands.
So, that being written, my wishes :) If possible, don´t send me the really touristic kind of cards, I am not fond of them. IF you got my profile for a favourites tag, please don't send them to me.
Of course I have favorites too! I love to receive:
- images that show the work of Saul Leiter
- images that show the work of Henri Cartier Bresson
- images of (old) movies and old commercials
- multiples (many small items on a single card)
- food and drinks related cards, or recipe cards
- Bildreich cards (publisher from Switzerland)
- Ars Vivendi cards (publisers from Germany)
- International Graphics (square cards)
- Aquarupella cards
- Anne Taintor cards
- cards that look like Anne Taintor cards (same style)
- Nouvelles Images
- cards with quotes
- I love Empress Elisabeth of Austria (Sisi)!
My hobbies include reading (historic romance, Harry Potter, Twilight-series, Sookie Stackhouse novels, Laurell K. Hamilton, Jane Austen), watching TV-series (True Blood, The Tudors, costume drama from the BBC), Elvis Presley and cooking, so cards in those themes are also very welcome. If you can make a postcard that has anything to do with this, I would love to receive a handmade card too.