I am an architect and urban designer by profession, and reside in one of India's biggest cities - Mumbai. I love to travel, make notes, illustrate silly details, collect old and quirky stuff. Mostly (and much to the annoyance of my Mother!), it is a combination of these all at once ! When not on my desk designing stuff, I am taking people around on heritage walks and tours of my city, and am proud of its rich and diverse heritage :)
In the midst of 2020 Coronavirus outbreak, the amazing team at postcrossing published a blogpost about some self-illustrated postcards that I had made, and it was so heart-warming to receive all the love from PC members around the world. You can check out the blogpost here:
While I would welcome any postcard from you, the following would be my favourites :
- Maps or flags, of any type and extent
- Views (especially Aerial views) of your city, town, landscapes , etc.
- Ruins and Heritage structures
- Famous landmarks, people. culture or traditions from your country
- Famous comic characters
- Sketches and illustrations (if handmade, please print on thick paper!)
- Cards that you absolutely hate or want to get rid of :D !
- I'd prefer not to receive any folded cards
I would really appreciate if you could
- write to me in English
- write my address instead of a print [looks so much better :) ]
- include a fun sentence in your script with its translation
- put in the current weather at your place,
- write your full name
- and yes, I love whacky stamps!
The arrival of a postcard makes my day so much brighter, and I am thankful to you for the time and effort (and money) you put in when you send me one !
Stay awesome + Happy postcrossing !