Donna and Ron are recently married, and pretty much retired. Ron has finished a 45-year career as an attorney in private practice, teaching college classes (many online), city attorney in Arizona towns, and city magistrate. Donna is a poet, and would like cards related to birds, nature, and hearts. Her favorite bird is the Raven. Prior to her retirement, Donna spent 20 years with Gore Technologies and finished up another 18 years with the City of Sedona as the public works administrative supervisor. Ron likes museums, hiking Grand Canyon and national parks, and film festivals. We intend to spend more time doing short trips in the RV, and long getaways to Scotland, New Zealand, Canada, and perhaps more Disney cruises. We share two children, 6 grandchildren, and a great-granddaughter and a great-grandson!
We think Postcrossing is a great way to meet folks from all over the world, and see glimpses of towns, parks, and travels that we would never otherwise would have discovered. Tell us about your favorite things - places, family, hobbies, poems, books, movies - and we will be part of your Internet family! When I see that a receiver has lots of cards, rather than try to review all the ones received to avoid a duplicate (and not all are scanned), I like to send my own photo collage cards (done through Snapfish) of Grand Canyon hikes, Sedona, Arizona in general, the Goldfield Old West town, and scenes of the southwest.
Some ideas for sending postcards, but you can always just use your favorites:
1. Japanese Gotochi cards - Ron lived in Japan 1957-60.
2. Icon cards of the countries (from thepostcardhouse.com)
3. "Greetings From" cards (from postallove.com)
4. Cards using the Postcrossing logo
5. Scotland, Ireland, Canada, Australian, Switzerland scenic views
6. Vintage scenes
8. Movies, film festivals, and movie posters
9. TAUSENDSCHÖN cards
10. Folk dancing and folklore.
11. Special places you have been - like family vacations or on your honeymoon!
12. World Travel postcards, from Nisan Design.
14. Local villages, shops, streets