I am Anna, I live in Saint Petersburg. I work as a research scientist in the Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute. I study ice cores and climate changes. In my free time I do a plenty of different things like travelling and knitting, gardening and cooking, reading books and planning my future trips.
I love to travel and to learn the World. That’s why I have chosen Geography as a main field of study and work. I dream of visiting every place on Earth. Unfortunately, this is impossible. So I believe that Postcrossing will help me to get postcards from the places I have never visited.
I am happy to receive any postcard. But if you need some hint that will make your choice easier I list here some ideas:
- ice and snow. Do not hesitate to send me a winter postcard in summer :)
- maps (The World map in your language, your country, region, city, …)
- all kinds of transport (cars, buses, trams, ships, trains, airplanes, bikes,…)
- wild animals typical for your country
- typical landscapes of your country or region
- famous building of your city
Handmade cards are welcome!
I am looking forward to your postcard!
P.S. Your received a postcard from me and don't know what is written at the very bottom of your address? This is the name of your country in Russian, I always write it for the post.