akaroxy2(or Brenda) is a member in Canada . She has been a member for over 3 years (1,405 days).
Hello and thanks for viewing my profile!
I live in the capital city of Canada and my hobbies include crochet, knitting, scrapbooking, music. I love to take photos and eat (way too much) Mexican food!
I love tourist/view cards. The only thing I don't care for is animal cards. I really do appreciate all cards I receive. I love a decorated backside (I'm addicted to washi tape!) and a nice message as much as the visual on the front!
I love and collect:
- Elvis Presley! -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/akaroxy2/sets/72157648766817757/
- 60s/70s motels (the tackier, more outdated the decor and signs the better!) -> https://www.flickr.com/photos/akaroxy2/albums/72157645293504595
- British Royal Family ->https://www.flickr.com/photos/akaroxy2/albums/72157645354146980
- covered bridges ->https://www.flickr.com/photos/akaroxy2/albums/72157644971567643
- Anne Taintor -> https://www.flickr.com/photos/akaroxy2/albums/72157645354146990
- Cows Ice Cream -> https://www.flickr.com/photos/akaroxy2/albums/72157649315713351
- Catalog Woman: Mail-Order Fashion Foxes Postcards (by Chronicle Books)
- vintage VW Beetles or VW Campers/Buses -> https://www.flickr.com/photos/akaroxy2/albums/72157645454416973
- knitting/crochet/yarn -> https://www.flickr.com/photos/akaroxy2/albums/72157645354146960
- punk rock (people, hairstyles, music) -> https://www.flickr.com/photos/akaroxy2/albums/72157646589086717
- old/dilapidated/rustic/abandoned buildings and barns
- Madonna Inn Motel in San Luis Obispo, California
- mid-century modern
- Love Is... (by Kim Casali)
- Nancy Drew
- Spanish style architecture
- flowers/plants in clay pots
- retro advertising
- doors / windows
- cigarette advertising
- Dionne Quintuplets
- PEZ (my husband collects Pez dispensers)
- Lego / Legoland
- cemeteries / famous graves / tombstones
- favourite tv shows: Bates Motel, Dawson's Creek, Brady Bunch, Roswell, Beverly Hills 90210, Big Bang Theory, Supernatural
- Alfred Hitchcock and the movie Psycho
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles / Venice Beach / Santa Monica
- Salem, MA
- cards from "On Tender Hooks" by Isabel Samaras
- old 70s type cards... does it make you think Brady Bunch?...send it my way! :)
You can see my collection of postcards at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/akaroxy2/collections/72157645192809432/
Unfortunately I had to give up my blog ( http://postcardstoroxy.blogspot.ca ) due to lack of time.
My Postcrossing Favourites link is a wishlist of cards I would like to have.
I hope the above didn't sound demanding. All I really hope is that the card represents YOU - your likes, your town, your hobbies, etc. They can be prepaid postcards, new, vintage, or those you've made from your own photos... I'm just happy to be a part of this great project and will be love any card sent my way!
Do you remember your first postcard? The earliest postcard I remember receiving was from my great aunt and uncle when I was very young. They sent me a card from Florida. :)