Hi all postcrossers!
My name is Ruan, and I am 32 years old and live in beautiful, sunny, diverse South Africa. A beautiful country where you can see almost anything, from mountains to beaches, from deserts to rainforest, from cities to wilderness; not to mention the people, the wildlife and the different cultures!
I have always been interested in learning new things about foreign countries and cultures and I am so glad that I stumbled upon postcrossing - What an amazing idea!
I love music (mostly rock & pop) and some of my current favourites are The Killers, Green day, Kings of Leon, Queen, REM, INXS, Billy Idol, Depeche Mode, The Lightning Seeds, Live, Transvision Vamp, Tears for Fears and a multitude others.
Please let me know what your favourite bands are - if I don't know it I will search on Youtube. I would especially like to know which local bands are cool in your country.
And if you want to know what South African Rock sounds like, you can search for the following on Youtube:
*Just Jinjer: What he means
*The Parlotones: Giant Mistake
*Prime Circle: Consider me
*Jesse Clegg: Heartbreak Street
*Karen Zoid: Aeroplane Jane
*Jan Blohm: Groen trui
I am very much looking forward to receiving your postcard. Please send it stamped and written and without an envelope as far as possible. It just adds to the authenticity if it has a few transit marks or a bend or two.
You can send me any card you like, but these are some suggestions of cards I might like:
- I prefer SINGLE VIEWS. I find multiviews too busy and cluttered.
- Anything unique or interesting or typical from where you live.
- Beautiful natural scenery - islands, mountains, forests, lakes, fields, rivers, beaches, rock formations etc.
- I am CRAZY about all WATERFALLS!!!
- Culture, traditions, indigenous people.
- Sunrise or sunset scenes or beautiful or extraordinary lighting.
- Colourful scenes.
- Monuments, architecture or buildings typical to your region.
- Art, famous paintings, landscape paintings, famous artists from your country, Dali, Van Gogh, Monet, Renoir.
- Unique or endangered or interesting animals from your country.
Please have a look at my FAVOURITES WALL to get an idea of the type of cards I like if you are still in doubt...
Keep on sending postcards and most importantly KEEP SMILING - Life is short so make the most of it!