Zwergi(or Birgit) is a member in Germany . She has been a member for over 5 years (2,095 days).
Dear fellow postcrossers,
I am Birgit, aged 40 and live in a small German town close to the Dutch border (graag in Nederlands schrijven). My interests are music & singing, cultures and museums, arthouse movies, photography, meeting friends and getting to know new people.
I love how Postcrossing connects cultures, religions, generations and everyone's curiosity for new things.
Tell me about how you chose a card for me, who you are, what inspires you or what you dream of. Maybe you could teach me one of your favourite words in your mother tongue. I love tots of text.
If possible, please send cards DATED and HANDWRITTEN without envelope
To give you an idea about cards I find most interesting:
- (old) black & white photography
- macro photography
- photos of hippos, bumblebees, squirrels, king fishers, sloths, frogs, pigs, hedgehogs, owls, donkeys, hummingbirds
- photos of landscapes, old trees, food, bikes, hands, rain, storm...
- choirs, singing, music notes
- cards by INKOGNITO, Pannenborg, Skowronski & Koch, Atelier Nouvelles Images, Art Unlimited, Wortschatzkarte...
Was one of your photos (or that of a friend/relative) professionally printed as a postcard? Great! Please, share it with me! I like those, especially if you tell me about the photo why/where it was taken.
It would be kind of you NOT to send
- folded (double), self-printed, handmade or free/ad cards
- love-themed cards, kitsch (Disney, Hello Kitty, Jetoy, Tausendschön), babies, pink, glitter
- army, warfare, patriotic or erotic stuff
- cards from Postcrossing meetings
"Keep calm..." or "Greetings from..." cards seem to make others very happy, so please don't waste them by sending them to me.
If you are sending a tourist card, please try to make me curious about what is shown! Where should I go to and why?