I am an young but old-fashioned man who believes in romance and chivalry. I believe that a man should always be a gentleman, treat all people with respect, supports and helps. I live within my means; slow, quiet, purposeful. Happiness comes from within. I am happy, simply put, with tennis, books and arts. I work voice as a narrator (voice-over), in my spare time I like watching and playing tennis, going to the museums, visiting castle ruins. I’m a huge fan of of classic literature. If I could choose when I was born I would choose the 18th-century and first part of the 19th-century; mainly for the art, culture and manners. I have a passion for collecting maxi-cards (stamp and postmark on picture side of postcard) special postmarks and special cancellation. But my favourite collection is my collection old photographs (portraits of people) https://www.flickr.com/photos/kalotyp/ I began collecting these beautiful old vintage portraits about 15 years ago. I spend hours poring over these beautiful memories of times past. Best of all I know that I’ve preserved the photos for future generations of descendants.
It's fun to look for a card what fits the wishes of the reciever. I do my best to make the reciever happy and hope I'll get some nice cards too. I like my cards written and stamped. Please use as many stamps as you can. Please put the date.
What to send me? You can check my favourites for inspiration; my favorites are cards I've received and really like, they show the types of cards I like. Here are some ideas:
• your country: couple, women, men in national folk costume (if possible painting/drawing)
• your country: castles, views (with the name of the place on the front of postcard)
• maxi-card (if possible please unwritten in the envelope)
• Pola Negri, Hedy Lamarr, Yvonne De Carlo, Gina Lollobrigida, Sophia Loren
• Jane Austen, The Brontë Sisters, Lucy Maud Montgomery
• Charles Dickens, Henry James, Daphne du Maurier
• ambrotypes, daguerreotypes or any other old-fashioned portraits
• cats, cats by Lesley Anne Ivory, British shorthair cat
• artwork Harrison Fisher / Norman Rockwell